ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blocking a user?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I need to block my sister from using the internet :evil:

She's beeing a right b**ch at the moment not doing anything for us, and always uses the same excuse as "got to much uni work to do" which in fact is a lie as shes constantly on Facebook. So i need to block her :eek:

How do i block her tho, i can access my router but stuck from there :S

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
how do you do that tho?

Beef... explain ?

when i type in 192.168.2.1 i get the router up, and theres no block on there. Theres mac filtering but theres nothing in it, just:: 1,2,3,4, etc up to 32

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I think some routers have a setting to allow only specific computers to connect to it, could try and add everyone but her.

Fiesta ST
Just change the the WPA2 access key - you need to input the new key on the other machines though - just don't give it to her.

Suzuki Ignis
http://macfreedom.com/

Although it turns it off if the computer is restarted. But if you just leave it on after your done and then block the internet for the next 18 hours, and if she isnt computer savvy and knows a restart will sort most things out.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Dont kno what i have done but i managed to mess up the whole internet lol, i couldnt connect to my router to change settings etc, but sister still cant use it :) bonus.

Cheers for the help

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL I just bar people from the internet before I go out to piss people off :evil:. The Homehub lets you turn the internet off at certain times. About the only thing on it thats useful.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
s**t i shouldnt have done this now, dad's gettin pissed because he cant use the laptop lol, woops,

Connect to the Router spot on, but keeps coming up as Limited Connection, any ideas?

All iv done is set up a new connection,