ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody 16v clutch

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

On the way back to work from my dinner, i was slowing down for a roundabout, gears felt a bit notchy, i went round and got to the other side in neutral and couldnt get it into any gear. It wasnt a matter of itd crunch into gear, it just wasnt going in at all. The clutch pedal was fully down, no clicking of the self adjuster. The cable was easy to remove at the gearbox end, which i thought was a bit odd as it was so hard to get it on there when i replaced it some months back. Could it just be stretched? - Help.

From previous experience i was going to try some washers at the gearbox end, and/or a new cable at the weekend, any other likely culprits?

Connect your cable back onto the gearbox end, then remove the plastic gromit clip that your clutch ped rests on. press your clutch in & out a few times (you will hear the adjuster clicking like a goodn) replace the gromit clip...

You should have use of all gears now.

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah do what Rockport said. Mine done this a while back after I had fitted a new cable. And I took it to my local garage that does the work for me and 5 mins later I had a working wagon!

When new engine goes in tomm new clutch as well.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

is it a green plastic thing? i took that out it clicked a bit, i kept pumping the pedal but it wouldnt click anymore. So i put the plastic bit back in and no difference :( Ill try a new cable as well if Renault have one in stock.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

New cable is on, but now pedal clicks all the time, do i need to buy a new full pedal assembly? How much? The old cable was about 1cm longer than the new one, not sure if that was the cause though.