ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bloody birds!!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

bird shat on my car today and i washed it off when i got home which was about 5 hours later and its left a mark which wont shift at all! surely it cant have stripped the laquer or whatever in this short a time???

Yaris Hybrid

You tried a bit of polish?

I cant say that it has ever caused problems with my paint before although I guess it depends on the bird and what they had for dinner.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

yeah tried polish etc no joy whatsoever. Just shows how sh*t quality the paint is i guess

I had some seagulls (must be because of the size of the splatter) leave three big marks on my car over the weekend, noticed it this morning and washed my car this evening.

Even Autoglym super resin poilish wouldnt remove the marks in the laquer, does anyone know of a good more abrasive polish that may help as these are quite large marks.

nah same happends on any car with water based paints. has happend to my clio as well a number of times. ya have to remove the sh*te as soon as possible. make sure you get it right off and not just lossen it as it will still eat into the paint. have tryed to polish some out and some that you catch early will come out and some that have been on their for a while wont.

Ford Fiesta

i had a big pile on my bonnet too one hot sunny day a few week back.

Washed it off with water cos I was at work no other stuff available, a big mark there. gutted I was. came back 3 hour later and the mark was not there any more. No one had touched it either, I dunno what had occured. Maybe the sun had melted whatever mark was left but it certainly wasnt there.

thought id had it with the 182 cos there was a mark on my dynamique that wouldnt budge at all from bird poo.

have you got a pic of the offending part of your pearl blue paint fixx? Renault paint isnt that strong really, mind dont suppose any is these days.

Ive even carried water around with me before now to get it off asap, needs to be like as soon as you see it, the mark on my dynamique was there less than 2 hours. The mark on my 182 what went away on its own was there less than 3 hours.

At the worst times of the year for birds, I always have some water with me. As for cats jumping on the car and scratching it not a lot I can do to stop that.

Yaris Hybrid

So much for these fancy polishes we pay good money for.

They are supposed to protect against this sort of damage but clearly they do nothing of the sort.

Ford Fiesta

exactly Toypop on my last dynamique which has the permanent bird damage, this was only a few weeks after I had picked it up and it had diamond brite treatment, "protects against bird poo damage for up to 24hours" yeah right.

Yaris Hybrid

Memories are flooding back now.

Id swear one of my platinum 1.2 16vs had a very small faint yellow stain on the bonnet and I think that maybe was caused by bird sh1t. Funnily enough I got very tiny yellow spots around my wheel arches from where tiny specs of wonderwheels flicked on it even though I hosed it off dead quick.

Must be something crap with Clio paint. Odd though cos I found the Clio paint very tough and scratch resistant. The paint on my Vectra on the other hand would scratch or peel off if so much as a blade of grass rubbed against it yet was completely immune to birds sh1t.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

3 coats? yeah primer,paint,laquer :)

Liam: no pic sorry my digi cam is poor and wouldnt pick it up but anyway:

I bought autoglym paint restorer and its done the job very well its almost completely gone can only see it now if you look hard
Wierd thing tho my old iceberg silver 172 would have piles of sh*t over it for days at a time and it always came mark free

[Edited by FiXX on 31 August 2004 at 7:25pm]

Carry a pack of baby ass wipes, great for removing all kinds of sh*t and gentle enough not to harm a new born babys bum.

Not sure that it wont completely take the paint off a reno tho.

The best abbrasive polish i have come across is from a company called simple solutions (not sure if they are a national company or what, they do mail order so should be) They have a product called G-Force. Unbelievable what this stuff will shift off your car! Have to be carefull with it though cause if you dont use it right then you end up leaving dull paint work with polish scratches everywhere. Best to do a small area at a time if doing an entire car or just use it on the tuff stuff.

Actually managed to get a key scratch out of my mates car with it, thats how good this stuff is!

Guilbert

According to Which? the best thing to use to prevent this happening is the autoglym extra gloss protection stuff on top of your normal polish. Its got the best resistance to bird crap for up to 3 months.

I use that on my car, brilliant stuff.

Even after your car has been rained on and driven about for a few days it still looks like you just polished it. And you may be right as i dont think i have ever had any bird crap problems with my paint.

Ford Fiesta

it goes on super easily too extra gloss, i use it on its own it doesnt have any abrasives in it. But no carnumba or anything like that either, dunno what is in it, smells funny too.

good stuff tho

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Ive used that Extra Gloss as recommended by a neighbour who has a W reg and said it goes on easy and off even easier, but must be older paint work as mine was a tw*t to get off!!!

But is good stuff...leaves a brillant finish.

Yeh bird sh*t is a bugger, left a mark on the bonnet of my five....have got a cover for the Williams though ;)...Wrapped up in cotton wool.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Yeh its a pretty good one Liam one of the breathable ones which u can just leave on, says u can put it on while the car is wet but I make sure its dry and the engine is cool before it goes on. Bought it at the Motorshow from Classic Additions, they have been around for years if u have a look in some old mags so must know there stuff.

Keeps the birds, cats and weather away :D