ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bloody coilpack has gone again!!!!

:mad:

ok, so im now going to be on my 3rd, it was driving like a whore for a day, then started it up this morning and whats that? its mis firing again! and then just stalled, is this really that common?!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Connor yup its common,

You Throttle Body maybe at fault being electric. its a costly unit at over £200 mark.

Try changing the coilpack again.

And possibly the Throttle pedal.

Also some other infor might be helpfull here.

On our engines if you have the carbon fibre bonnet, water leakes at the far back off the bonnet area (back of engine area too)

This water then drops onto the wiring box at the back of the engine (where the loom etc passes)

In turn soaking that box. My car wudnt start or did start and soon stalled when it was wet.

You need to fully dry that area out.

If you need more info gimme a bell and ill explain it to you.

Skoda Fabia vRS

you can buy the coils on ebay

very common Renault problem, which you will see by the amount of people selling them on Ebay

sod that! its a 53 plate, ive sent it straight back to renault on the back of a low loader! lol

they replaced it under warranty last time (december) they can change it again!

cheers for all ur help tho guys! when it runs out of warranty i might have to learn how to fit them myself!

Has - surely if the throttle body is at fault, then renault should look at this problem and change that also? or will they just do the minimum work required to save money?

also cheers for the info on the carbon bonnet, i will have to have a look at that tomorrow and see exactly what u mean! if i dont see it ill be on the dog n bone!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

They WILL do the minimum amount of work required to get it runnign again !!!This is renault ;)

Yer if u cant see where its leaking gimme a buzz and ill point it out..... you never know you maybe having the same problem as me !! with water getting onto the wiring causing it to run sh*t/stall

Mazda MX5 1.8

the coils on the 1.4/1.6s are just as bad (theyre pencil coils).

the AA man had to come out and fit another one for me a while back...... at 10:30am and he had already done another renault engine which had the same fault that day!