ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody electrics!?

So i finally got my ph1 172 (all fine there!).

Still trying to sort out my 1.4 sport to sell. But everytime i fix something something else goes wrong.
For about a month now the 1.4 has decided not to start always first time, it ticks over fine, the immboliser light switches off, but does not fire? I found that wiggling with the relays under the left footwell, will get it going, so its electrics? And as i can find a way of starting it, i hadnt had anyway of finding the problem in the first place, but now, it wont start at all. Fiddled with relays, swapped them other to see if fault switches. But no nothing. Please please someone have an idea or solution! All this car has given my is problems lol! Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Right, the relays you speak of are the UCH's multi-timer function control relays... unfortunatly I don't believe any of them have anything to do with the starting of the vehicle as they're for things like front fog lamps, wipers, one-touch windows, etc.

Most likely going to be a fault pertaining to the UCH and the after ignition + source... if you're stuck and close to Nottingham have it recovered to me and i'll take a look see for you.

Mick