ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody Renaults!

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
I have a 182, 04 plate, 40,000miles, and ive developed this squeezing noise, it sounds like the bearing on an aux belt did in my last car, but not sure, it is starting to drive me mad, it's worse when i come off the power and start to coast, but also happens if I Tap the throttle while stopped. Anyone else had this? Reckon I should call out AA assistance so they can have a look? or do they only do breakdowns?

Also when i come off the power there is a grating noise for a second or so as it comes down through the revs, sounds almost like a heatsheild or something rattleing? Any ideas?

1.9 Diesel RT
No point calling AA, they do breakdowns and they'd charge over the odds. Take it down to a garage somewhere get them to check it out. Most places would do a free check.

Maz

LY 200
Take it to a Renault dealer and get them to check it out, depending what it is you maybe covered under warranty :)

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
cheers for the advice, just had a check under the car whilst reving it up a little, and it sounds like the exhaust is buggered, sounds like it's literaly falling apart from the inside!