ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody Weather...

Focus ST
I was planning a 3 day assault on my car.

Thursday after work, clean and clay everything.

Friday after work, another clean followed by P21s Wax. :cool:

Saturday another coat of P21s. Then off to FCS

But it looks like thats out the bloody window. Looks like it'll be dirty for the FCS. :mad:

BMW E46 330i Touring
Pah, get out in the rain and give it a wash and clay...

The weather 'should' improve tomorrow and be fairly nice on Sunday according to the forecast...

Octavia VRS
I wanted to put a coat of SRP, EGP and Carnuba wax on and have arranged a half day off work today to do it...and after great weather yesterday it's pissing it down. Fook!

106 GTi
Raining here earlier, stopped now though.

Got the day off, so will risk trying to do some in a bit.

Just need to polish the glass, give it a coat of wax, finish the wheels and do the leather and she is done anyway.

Lee

BMW M2C
At this rate mine is going to be lucky to get a wash and hoover.

Jay is supposed to be doing the works on it tomorrow, but if this rain continues it's never going to happen.

The Beast MK4
Absolutely pissing it down at my bit as well, going to get the car from the painters later as well so its going to be manky even after the 5 mile trip home. Disaster! :(

106 GTi
Well thats the leather, wheel arches done and the wheels and glass polished. Time for lunch, very grey still but no rain as yet.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Ah yes, but what the rain does mean is (I took that this morning after giving the A3 a wash last night):

DSCF1283.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
^ lol nice pic! my cars in the bodyshop at the mo getting resprayed so the paint works nice and fresh for FCS, but that means i only have saturday night to give her the works and if its raining i'm dicked lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
mine is fully coated up

was polished again yesturday with another layer of EGP...just got to put the natty's on.....needs another wash again though now.....will do the natty's up at lutterworth i think

No more clio's for me!
Its gone from dull grey and windy to sunny here in malvern today...anyway glad i had the day off to clean the car and managed to get a lot done last night...list so far...

Cleaned body work and arches
Clayed
Stone chips attended
Light Scratches attended
Polished
Waxed
Tyres and wheels cleaned and dressed
windows cleaned
Rubber polished

Well that the majority of the outside done, need to get on with the interior, then another coat of wax tomorrow!!! :D

Focus ST
cleanyourcar said:
Ah yes, but what the rain does mean is (I took that this morning after giving the A3 a wash last night):

DSCF1283.jpg

WOW, excellent pic....hope mine looks slightly like that. :cool:

106 GTi
I'm petty much done now, easy day tomorrow. Final coat of wax and a wipe down with the Chemical Guys anti-static Q.D in the hope it will stay clean on the way to the show. Polish the metalwork.

Hopefull as long as it stays dry on the trip up just a Q.D at the show and dress the plastics and rubber, not risking that lot streaking or splaterring on the way up!

ST
Jus finished mine.....washed, QD from chemical guys, coat of XXX carnuba wax, plastics sorted, wheels sorted, tyres dressed glass polished, leather done....but got 315 miles to drive tomorrow lol

No cleaning for mine, got a quick 30 minute wash last night but then got really dirty on my 120 mile blast around Somerset and Devon today. Forecast here tomorrow is rain so that's my final chance out the window.

106 GTi
LOL

See what tomorrow brings! Still it's ready to go as it is if need be. Intrested to try if the CG Q.D is really anti static on the way.

ST
Well today was the 1st day i used it, seemed to be very good, but it aint gonna stop flys at a combined speed of over 100mph lol

Octavia VRS
I finished at 22:10 hours. It got bright about 18:00 hours here.

I washed it, XXX carnuba wax, cleaned and waxed wheels, went over some trim I had done on Tuesday, dressed tyres and wiped the inside of the windows.

Only problem was I couldnt get the screws out of the old spoiler so I could fit my 172 one but the man called Alan will help me with this tomorrow. LEGEND!

Rich said:
Ignore the forecast, was supposed to rain here today, 3 drops!

Is it sad that I'm sat here waiting for it to stop raining? Been constant all morning and apparently it's only going to get worse. Better clear up before about 5pm as I'm hoping to be in bed by 10pm, need to be up at 4am!

Do they let people in with dirty cars? ;)

106 GTi
Looked out the window at 9 and it was dry, moved the 306 of the drive to get the 182 out and the rain started, not stopped since here either! Mate is sat waiting doing the same as you wanting to start on his 205 Gti.

Dirty cups are fine I hear!

Skoda Fabia vRS
Nooooooooooo

was about to give mine its final pre FCS wash and the rain has started !

all i got done was polish my tailpipe

Skoda Fabia vRS
best be soon, ive a lot to do

ive not done any trim yet and i need to wax my wheels and shine the tyres aswell

was hoping to give the PC another go with the SSR2.5 but thats lookin unlikely now :(

Audi TT 225 Quattro
im not going fcs now but tomorrow seems to be the bestday for weather, sunny all day at lutterworth:) i'll keep my fingers crossed...

106 GTi
BRUN said:
best be soon, ive a lot to do

ive not done any trim yet and i need to wax my wheels and shine the tyres aswell

was hoping to give the PC another go with the SSR2.5 but thats lookin unlikely now :(

I would leave the trim mate, I would do any dressing like that and tyres at the show.

No more clio's for me!
Raining here in malvern again....man i wish i had a garage! :(

Oh well, the wax seems to be doing the trick anyway.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Rich said:
I would leave the trim mate, I would do any dressing like that and tyres at the show.

yup possibly best idea, im lookin at my tyres now though and i NEED to put something on them lol