ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blow torch

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I need to get a blowtorch to free up caliper bleed nipples, which gases get hotest or rather which would be best for this purpose? Any recommended torches

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Thanks I'd looked at similar ones to those but got my usual indecision, I regularly find myself needing to do bits of plumbing to fit kitchens but have used either compression or push fit so it might be a better idea to get the more capable one. Soldered joints not only look better but are generally safer

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks I'd looked at similar ones to those but got my usual indecision, I regularly find myself needing to do bits of plumbing to fit kitchens but have used either compression or push fit so it might be a better idea to get the more capable one. Soldered joints not only look better but are generally safer
I've soldered lots of joints, gas and water with one of those I put up a link up fot , they're good for finishing off creme brulee too ;)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just when I thought I'd decided which to get, thanks though.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Vortex mapp torch gets the vote from me, they are great. The mapp flame is a bit hotter than your average blowtorch, which can help in some situations.

Westy. MX5
I've soldered lots of joints, gas and water with one of those I put up a link up fot , they're good for finishing off creme brulee too ;)
Use my blow torch for creme brûlée as well, plus the usual plumbing jobs and seized nuts and bolts.