ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blown fuse and STOP light

996 Carrera

Ive finally managed to fit my new Sony CDX-M850MP headunit and Connects2 adaptor - only took me 4 hours but it was my first time!

However, I managed to blow a fuse when the yellow power cable touched the metal casing of the headunit - I forgot to put the plastic boot back on the power connections.

I replaced the fuse and the headunit is powered again.

Trouble is the STOP light came on when the fuse went and is still lit now.

Is this just because the fuse blew or could something else be wrong?

Should I take it to Renault ASAP or can it wait a few days - I have a few niggles that need looking at.

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Cheers,

G

I guess the stop light needs resetting at Renault.

Get it into Renault for the other problems and whilst its in they will reset it for you.

I have no idea how to reset the computer hopefully someone on the forum who works at Renault can tell you. Possibly disconnecting the battery for a few minutes?????

Mondeo STTDCI

Try disconnecting the negative on the battery for a few mins - making sure u have the code for ur head unit if applicable

996 Carrera

I checked all the fuses in the fuse box, together with the ones in the car kit install and only one was blown.

Ill disconnect the battery this weekend.

Cheers for the advice.