ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blown head gasket

Clio Sport 182 FF

Hi guys,

My car is fitted with the F16 I.e engine.

I was driving along when i had a loss of power, then the car overheated and wouldnt start again.

I got the car home on a mates flatbed, took the spark plugs out and the engine will turn, fire up sometimes and run ok on my driveway.

The engine wont idle properly, it will idle slightly high, they slighty low, and theres knocking noises coming from inside the engine at around 3000rpm.

Could this be the head gasket blown or something else? i need to find out to get it fixed.

Thankyou for any help

Ian

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Check the colour of the oil, mayo? . Knocking from the engine sounds like the bottom end to me though.

Clio Sport 182 FF

Nope the oil seemed fine, header tank was full of what could be described as chocolate mousse. Weird though as this cleared up when i turned it over, then left for a few days!

when you say bottom end you mean pistons warped, rings worn, big ends damaged etc...?