ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blue dash bulbs

Mazda MX5 1.8
here u go......... copied off the old forum posted by Dink

ok i'll try my best here.

once you have got the dials you will see there are clips holding the front plastic on.

once that is off you will need to remove the needles, i did this by hooking a piece of wire under either side of the center bit and pulling.

then turn them over and remove the 8 torx 10 screws holding it together. once they are out the dials will come apart.

once apart you will be able to see the circuit board like this.
1107992803__pcb.jpg

i have circuled the leds that need to be changed.

take you soldering iron and some thing to prise them of a little.

heat up the one side of the soldered part and lift with priseing tool, once it's lifted heat up the other side and it should just fall off the circuit board.

repeat for all led's.

once they are off the area where thay have been removed will look like this.
1107992803__oldsol.jpg

you now need to put a small amount of solder back on the board like this.
1107993029__newsol.jpg

now putting the new leds back on. you do this by placeing the led on top of the solder you have put on the board and heating the solder and apply a little pressure to the led while the solder is hot. !"£ REMBERING TO PUT THE SIDE WITH THE NOTCH MISSING FROM THE CORNER TOWARDS THE K PRINTED ON THE BOARD £"!

once all 10 are done just put back together and try them out :D

Polo + Micra
this is mine with white leds

Attachments

• 1107969585__white.jpg
    1107969585__white.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,511

jpc

Golf
ditto, ive got an electronics A-Level but tried changing LEDs in Phone and ended up at a m8s who owns a service centre! haha

how small are the LEDs? guess there not standard 3mm ones, if so, dead easy, but not so confident with the smaller ones