ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blyton Park R26 Video

BMW M5 & E36
Just a few quick laps from Blyton in the summer, I've only just got around to uploading it. Camera sat on the rear bumper so lots of boosty Milltek noises included!

Car is stage 2 RS Tuning map, Milltek exhaust, Forge cooler etc, the usual.

Best off in HD.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
  225 Cup & Williams
Looks quick around there. Was that a yellow m3 chasing you? You still running the standard clutch & flywheel too?

BMW M5 & E36
Yeah was an M3 Evo I believe. I was sat behind him for a few laps before the start of the video until he finally let me past.

Standard clutch/flywheel yes, but a new one of each as the crank seal seeped onto the old.

BMW M5 & E36
Modern turbos sound so dull. All whoosh and not much else.

Nice driving though.

I'd tend to agree, it's not the most interesting of notes!

And a few laps from Cadwell Park that I did in the same week back in August. Just trying a few different camera positions really. This one gives a good angle but unfortunately the microphone just picks up wind noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
  BMW M5 & E36
283hp and 330lb/ft :)

DSCN4506.jpg

BMW M5 & E36
Much better than I expected actually. I turned up in the morning to watch with the intention of getting out in the afternoon if it looked worthwhile. Surface is good, nice mixture of bends, all 3rd and 4th gear stuff in the Megane. Not comparable to a proper track for obvious reasons though. Plenty of run off for noobs, the Bedford of the Midlands I guess.

BMW M5 & E36
Strong figures mate. What you got done? How do you find the R26 compared to your old Trophy too?

Just the usual really, replacement Forge intercooler, Milltek cat-back, airbox mod. Standard injectors/turbo/cat etc. The 257hp on the graph above is a stock map with airbox mod and exhaust so it's fairly healthy.

Compared to my old Trophy, hard to say really. LSD makes a big difference be it on the road or track, definitely worth having and I think if anyone made the change the other way round then they'd miss it. Drive the same apart from that, I had virtually the same mods on both. Trophy interior nicer, better colour, but that's just being fussy!

This R26 is potentially for sale if the right offer comes along.