ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blyton & VTEC

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Really like that! Pics needed!

Are you guys local? If the cars road legal get him to come to our Honda meets in Castleford :)

e91 330d/type r mini
I'll have a guess at about 190bhp at around 800kg for an EF!

prove me wrong OP.
my itb'd b16 with type r cams made 171bhp on rs tunings tight dyno so id say somewhere around that mark would be a realistic figure, i had a play with with this civic and his old man in his dc2 in my old mk1 clio a few years ago at croft its a well setup car thats for sure :)
he makes that look so easy in that video

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Really cool little car, makes it seem so pointless using a clio for my project with a B18 turbo engine when I could just put it in one of those instead so much easier, but just have a silly emotional attachment to the clio, which is the worst reason ever to build a project car, lol

It's above the magic 200bhp, but not sure how many. It's come on a lot since a couple of years ago, this was the spec from the 2011 season iirc, has been fiddled with since...

Engine:
Honda B16A
Eagle Crankshaft
Eagle Connecting Rods
Supertech Forged Pistons
ARP Bolts
Integra Type R Camshafts
Ported Head
AEM Vernier Pulleys
Jenvey SF Throttle Bodies
Emerald ECU
Mocal Oil Cooler Kit
190bhp Approx

Gearbox:
Honda Civic YS1 Box
Honda Torsen LSD
Mfactory 3rd/4th/5th Close Gear Ratios
Mfactory Carbon Moly Synchros
Mfactory HLHS Bearings
Standard Clutch

Chassis:
LEDA Coilovers
Energy Suspension Bush's all round
Cusco Strutt Braces front and rear
AP 4 pot Calipers with 295mm Discs front
Standard Discs and Calipers Rear
Mintex 1166 pads front, 1144's rear
AP Brake Proportioning Valve
Bolt in Rollcage
Lightweight race battery
Polycarbonate Windows

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
my itb'd b16 with type r cams made 171bhp on rs tunings tight dyno so id say somewhere around that mark would be a realistic figure, i had a play with with this civic and his old man in his dc2 in my old mk1 clio a few years ago at croft its a well setup car thats for sure :)
he makes that look so easy in that video

160-170bhp stock for a B16a, then ITBS and Cams I would have thought would make more than 10bhp? Not too sure

It's crazy how much the K20's respond to simple mods compared to the B's

e91 330d/type r mini
160-170bhp stock for a B16a, then ITBS and Cams I would have thought would make more than 10bhp? Not too sure

It's crazy how much the K20's respond to simple mods compared to the B's
Don't forget this is rs timings dyno that doesn't give hp for free, my b16 ran a 13.3 1/4 mile which is the fastest na b16 mini in the uk before I pulled the engine out and changed it for my b18c6 with high compression pistons some headwork and 48mm jenveys which only run 204bhp but ran a 12.9 whereas minis with claimed 240bhp only managed a 13.7 so I'm sure if I take it to another dyno it will far exceed the 204 it makes at rs.
Once it's been mapped for the new exhaust and injectors I will take it somewhere else just to see what it makes.
that civic was a weapon before it had the itb's so I imagine it's only got better over time.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Don't forget this is rs timings dyno that doesn't give hp for free, my b16 ran a 13.3 1/4 mile which is the fastest na b16 mini in the uk before I pulled the engine out and changed it for my b18c6 with high compression pistons some headwork and 48mm jenveys which only run 204bhp but ran a 12.9 whereas minis with claimed 240bhp only managed a 13.7 so I'm sure if I take it to another dyno it will far exceed the 204 it makes at rs.
Once it's been mapped for the new exhaust and injectors I will take it somewhere else just to see what it makes.
that civic was a weapon before it had the itb's so I imagine it's only got better over time.

Haha yeah true, is your mini the one I see at Pistonheads meets now and then?

It's funny though, the Renault Guys really do love RS, but when I brought RS up at a Honda meet recently, I was given some right death stares!

Not got a good rep from the jap boys.

I'm an RS fan btw, love speckys Corsaru

Man I hate that noise. The noise of more fuel disappearing, but nothing much else happening.

:dead: