ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW i3

Anyone got any decent pics? Lol.

I've had a spin in one and it's brilliant. I'd buy one tomorrow if I could justify a town car. Properly cool machine.

Thoughts?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
B*LLOCKS!!! lol

You wouldn't be seen one of those abortions.

ECFF8423167EE297F97777CDBEB80_h498_w598_m2.JPG

I understand the scepticism. I didn't think I'd like it. Now I want to buy one. Properly cool car. Easily as quick as a 182 in normal driving, and it runs around corners as though the centre of gravity is on the tarmac.

DB.

BMW 440i
Trolling, theres no way anyone with £30k would chose that car over other cars. (Well, some would, but only weird people/idiots)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I understand the scepticism. I didn't think I'd like it. Now I want to buy one. Properly cool car. Easily as quick as a 182 in normal driving, and it runs around corners as though the centre of gravity is on the tarmac.

I'll stick with my 182 and the remaining £23,000 in the bank.

£23,000. Twenty three thousand English fcuking pounds.

Stroll on.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it looks terrible. Price doesn't sound all that bad to me considering the technology.

I also call custard.

I don't recall saying that anyone else has to like it.

Just my opinion after having driven it. I didn't think I'd like it. I was anti-EV. I now love the i3.

Maybe I'm making it up? Lol.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I saw a weird lookin bloke driving one of these earlier, I looked at him in disgust. Was it you Roy?

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Inside line is that after 10 years the batteries are still expected to be at 80% life, so if they've got that right battery life shouldn't be a worry for a fair while.

S4 Avant
My issue with electric cars, is that they all look like electric cars.

Why the f**k do you have to put blue all over the "grill" or make a half arsed attempt at making the thing look like a computer with wheels. What's wrong with sticking an electric motor in a three series and doing away with the s**te design?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
ZOE is a better proposition than that.

Possibly, but the ZOE doesnt have that badge on the front. Which as much as it pains me to say it, is important to alot of people.

Need something a little bigger than your i3 for the day? No problem, use some of your accumulated points to have an X5 for the day.

I think the i3 is game changing personally, we'll all be driving them in 25 years time.

What is it with electric cars looking like this?

Why make them look like a melted toaster! It really bugs me, it doesn't look futuristic, it has untidy lines and stupid colours in stupid places, BMW design some lovely looking cars, but they're also capable of some utter abortions (5 series GT) and this is just another one.

To drive, I've no idea, haven't driven one and I don't want to in all honesty.

I'm just not convinced that batteries are "the future".

It's certainly no looker, but when you're stood next to it, it has a real presence. The interior is also really funky, but in a quality way.

The battery warranty I think is 8 years or 100k miles, by which time it should still hold 80% of its design capacity.

The funny thing with these types of car, is that now is the time to own one. Before governments need to start implementing measures to recover lost revenue.