ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Body damage

Corsa now :0
Hi, dont we just all love the snow! especially when u spin into a wall -_- needless to say wall 1 clio 0 i put a huge dint in the passenger side panel under the rear window. whats the best way to get this repaired? knock it out and body fill it or is it easy to replace that panel?
Cheers

STEALTH RAIDER
If a scrappers has the same replacement then you will be looking a few hundred easy as its the section that goes over down to meet the front pillar. Any garage will spank ur ass if quoting a new piece and respray, resulting in a grand easy. To get it pulled out/filled, ideally you would need to post a pic up so people can tell you if can be done or not. Lew

if your going to replace it youll need pretty much the enitre side of the car excl. the passenger door, this might need spraying, tbh i would say it would be easier and cheaper to repair, worth asking round a few garages see what they think and what prices you should be looking at

S4 Avant
Rear quarter panel repairs quite often write cars off.

To get behind them to bash them out is a ball ache, and paying out for some one to weld a new panel in is very very costly.

Jap Box
How bad is the dent? Rear panel is one of the worst bits to hit as thats pretty much the main body section. Can you try get it pulled out, it would still leave a crease though most likely.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the last thing you want on a clio is to replace the quarter panel.

Get the inner trim removed the access is very good on 3 door clios. Give it a push out if you can. If you can't a garage is your only choice and it'll cost you.

Get some pics up hopefully I can help more. :)

165229_1758561730229_1424585969_31865892_3030672_n.jpg

Jap Box
Ok that does infact look pretty fucked, you sure its just that damage and its done nothing else to the chassis as it looks like the light cluster is out of line?

What years the car?

If it was me if just try get it pushed out, then spray it up still dented. Replace light and bumper. Would cost way too much to replace the panel as thats what it will need.

i have been under it and it seems to b all fine. my mate damaged that panel badly too but it was right in the middle so it was easy so press out the reapray and it looks mint and that cost him £250 so im guna go to the same place i think. its a 53 plate mate

Looks like a new rear quarter mate. You have no chance of getting behind that and pushing it out as it looks to be bent towards to the top making the light cluster look out of place.

But as said, take it to a garage for a quote

well ma mate is taking me to the place he went on monday. i have abit of money saved to lower is and get strut braces, looks like that plan is out of the window eh :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that'll repair mate, waste of time taking the inner trim out, there is no access to that part only the middle where the moudling is.

Easy repair and a new light, you wouldn't fit a new quarter to that unless you were an imbecile who didn't know what he was doing.

Get a quote from a small garage say you want it reapired. If it's too much then either live with it or go through your insurance. Your bumper will also require painting adding an extra £200 to the quarter panel cost.

haha Dave when your 18 and your insurance costs £2000 a year with a years no claims for a 1.2 and my total excess is £1000 i dont think using my insurance is a good idea. Iv been to a garage and he said it will cost around £300 to knock the panel out smooth it with body filler and then paint it. so im gunna do that and i am just goin to get a light and a new bumper from ebay i think :)

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST2
if you take the light off iirc you can get in side it and attempt to push it out a bit more but if you have someone doing the work then even better! :)