ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bodykits?

Clio 1.2 16v
First thread so by nice :clown:

I currently own a standard clio 02 1.2 on alloys. but im looking at a bodykits but dont wanna be labled a chav or w/e, I like the sporty looking bodykits would you ....

a) put up with the stereotyping because you like the bodykit

b) say feck it and stick with standard

I know alot of people on here are gonna say B as I see alot of people like the orginal type bodykits and standard clean look but more interested in the people that choose A.

Cheers guys :D

Mondeo TDCI 130
Either RS replica it, or save your cash for a better model in time would be my opinion!

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
No kit. A small car, lowered on the right wheels will look the pooch's plums without a kit.

Clio 172
Do some subtle body mods/custom work rather than an off the shelf body kit, would look more original than boy racer

Evo 6, E92 320d
Do what you want to do, its your car so if you like the big kits or the subtle ones its your choice.

Clio 1.2 16v
Do what you want to do, its your car so if you like the big kits or the subtle ones its your choice.

Thanks for the welcome :D

I will do what I want, was just looking for what people thought. Ive just been thinking what to do but im gonna leave the bodykit idea.

i have quite a big body kit on my 1.2, im at work now but later i could post a pic, i know 98% of the people on here will hate it thou lol

RB 200 Cup!
end of the day do what will make you happiest - lots of people go down the 172/182 replica route

Focus 1.8 TDCi
WILL.CLIO can i see pics of ur car then? i was gona get a bodykit but then just got it lowered and colour coded

Well heres a few pics of my car, Its needs cleaning and the front badge putting on, and i took these pics on a mobile so not great qulity, but u get the idea:cool: Was thinking about lowering it but im already having trouble with the speed humps so its staying how it is form now.

f_clio3m_ae84ad2.png

f_cliom_bc7eb40.png

will clio, that would look a million times better with a fine black mesh rather than silver cheese graters

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Stop wasting any more money on modifying your 1.2's. You will end up like me, With a worthless show car that was good at the time.

I only started small too, With some alloys but 5 figures and 2 years later, I sold my "show car" for a considerable amount less than a standard one.

I know I went ott, but i started as you all did and it escalated.

I could be in an M3 or an Evo now @ 21 years old and STILL have more money left over at the end of the month than I do now. Instead I have no savings (compared to what i would have had) and an 05 Clio Dynamique.

It seems a good idea at the time. But it really isnt :(

Im finished adding stuff to this car now, styling done lol, i have kept the front and rear bumper and i still have the old 15inch reno alloys, so when its time to sell up i can quite easily make it back to standard, and throw the body kit on ebay :D

Clio 1.2 16v
Stop wasting any more money on modifying your 1.2's. You will end up like me, With a worthless show car that was good at the time.

I only started small too, With some alloys but 5 figures and 2 years later, I sold my "show car" for a considerable amount less than a standard one.

I could be in an M3 or an Evo now @ 21 years old and STILL have more money left over at the end of the month than I do now. Instead I have no savings (compared to what i would have had) and an 05 Clio Dynamique.

I wasnt after a show car look just a body kit like will's car, So what bodykit is that will and how much that set you back mate?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
mohave bumpers i think

not sure about the skirts

there was a nice grey clio on here iirc that had quite a subtle bodykit but looked very good, not sure of his name but maybe someone will know and point you in the direction of him

S4 Avant
put a body kit on by all means if you like it, but for gods sake make it easy to get off for the next guy

Photo-0176.jpg

Photo-0175.jpg

Photo-0171.jpg

I wasnt after a show car look just a body kit like will's car, So what bodykit is that will and how much that set you back mate?

Its a 'Mohave' front and rear bumper and 'Type 2'skirts, the whole kit was special offer from www.imexdesigns.co.uk paid about 500quid for the kit and it sat in my garage for a good month while i was trying to pass my driving test, then i paid about 650 to have it all fitted and painted. Im really happy now with how the car looks but im skint till i get paid again lol :)