ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bogging out when starting

Arctic 182 + yozza
first thing in the morning when i get in the car. i turn the key, i can hear the exhaust 'fire up' (yozzasport) and then it just bogs out and the engine doesnt start.

turn the key again starts completely fine, no problem.

any ideas what's causing it?

M3 SMG
I have a very similar issue but mine doesn't get as far as exaust just splutters out before it makes any real noise. Turn key second time and boom starts fine

Clio 172 PH2 (Y Reg)
Ye I am having this problem aswel, I thought it could be the coil pack etc etc, it runs a little but strange until it gets a bit of heat in her then she is fine!

Does any1 know about the service intervals for the coil pack and leads?

Also is it recommended to put standard on or is it worth up rating?

Thanks in advance

M3 SMG
If you know anyone who can lend you their coilpack to try it out do that as it take a couple of minutes to swop over. I've had new plugs and tried a coil and I've had no joy
If it's running fine when warm have you replaced the cts? This is apsrently a common problem and Renault actualy released a modified loom for it not cheap tho!

Elf

Clio 172 cup
Ive got this problem too but if I turn the key and wait a few secs for all dash light to go off then fully turn key, starts every time

renault clio 1.4 16v
Got the same problem but when looking at the signals everything seems fine, if the coolent temp sensor was dead wouldnt it be sending whack signal?