ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BOING! A springs question...

ph1 172... Sold:(
I'm thinking about lowering my car a little. Not to be super low riding, just so that the standard OZ 15's fill the arches a little bit more snugly.

I see from reading previous threads on this subject the Proline's or Sportlines seem to be the most popular choice, with Pro for go and Sport for show and all that.

Being that I'm not too bothered abot scraping the tarmac, will the Pro's give me enough drop to reduce the tractor factor?

If not, are the Sport's significantl 'worse', or do they offer any ride/handling benefits compared to the originals?

In either case, what kind of life can I expect from my shocks once done? The car is Y reg on 36k. Original shocks all round.

Pictoral examples most welcome;)

Thanks,

S.

I'm most worried about the effect on the shocks so if someone can give a bit of advice on that bit particularly I'd be very grateful...

S.

My 172 was on stock shocks for 30ish k on apex 40mm:

95614402a5132153124l.jpg

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Never heard anything bad about Sportlines, but I do know a number of people with Sportlines have since switched to Prolines.

I have prolines on my 182 with Cup pack and my wheels now sit exactly in the arches (if you know what I mean)

On another note I have some Apex's for sale if you want them!

Never heard anything bad about Sportlines, but I do know a number of people with Sportlines have since switched to Prolines.

I have prolines on my 182 with Cup pack and my wheels now sit exactly in the arches (if you know what I mean)

On another note I have some Apex's for sale if you want them!

Thanks, but I'm not doing this just for looks, and quite a few old posts suggest they're a bit harsh.

Thanks for the replies so far guys, I'd be really interested to hear from anyone who has had a shock problem after fitting either eibach set...

S.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I had an Apex Kit on my 1.4, was great handelling, but harsh.

The 182 had Apex's on and I would say they werent as harsh as the kit I had, but are harsher than the Prolines.

Danlp6, Saner.^^^

I have to take my 3 year old girl to nursery in my car, and she visits her granparents with me on the weekend...

Apex ride OK for that? I think she finds the car a bit 'bumpy' as standard lol..

S.