ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bolt in cages spreader plates

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
So iv brought a full bolt in cage (made by sassa) it comes with spreader plates that need to be cut down (120mm squared if im correct) my plan was to put a plate inside and outside the car but iv read on a different forum that its not needed...my general thought is more strength the better or am i going OTT? Car is only used as a daily with the odd trackday in mind not competing, just want to do the job right. Plates will be welded in in the future.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If the cage is SASSA, did you buy it from TF Rallye Sport? (Tim Finch).

Probably worth dropping him a line and seeing what he suggests, when it comes to cage and track safety he won't steer you wrongly.

Just make sure you have sufficient padding, especially around the head area as in a crash on the road it could do more harm than good. Presume you'll also be running seats and harnesses?

Clubsports bud. Still havent decided if to get XL or standard size :nomouth:
I've got the Clubsport XL mate, size wise id say if you are under a 36" waist and less than 6ft then go with the standard size. I'm 6ft with a 34-36" waist and 14st and its just a tad to wide for me, but I have quite narrow hips, whereas my pal who is 18st, 6ft and a 40" waist fits in them as snug as a bug, but maybe they're a tad to small for him.

Hope that helps.

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got the Clubsport XL mate, size wise id say if you are under a 36" waist and less than 6ft then go with the standard size. I'm 6ft with a 34-36" waist and 14st and its just a tad to wide for me, but I have quite narrow hips, whereas my pal who is 18st, 6ft and a 40" waist fits in them as snug as a bug, but maybe they're a tad to small for him.

Hope that helps.
Awesome thanks bud appreciate it. Im a 34" and 12stone/6ft so ill go with the standard ones. Iv sat in a standard recaro pole position my next door neighbour has and that fits me perfectly and i think they are about the same dimensions. Thanks again