ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bolt on top of strut is stuck solid.......

just been attempting to fit my apex springs, the top bolt on 1 of the suspension struts is unbelivably stuck, ive snapped 2 allenkeys (ment to be lifetime guarantee as well!) and still stuck!

any one got any tips? ive used plus gas, ive heated it up, ive tried using a hammer on the spanner to try and shock the damn thing loose, nothing at all.

any ideas?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Get your hands on an impact gun, or ask a local garage nicely if they'll spin them off for you.

yea, cars on the floor, tried all sorts, and still no joy, drivers side 1 came off fairly easy, passenger side it stuck solid, the nuts getting pretty mashed up now though :headno:

If you have to, gun it off. But I've been told to be careful as it just spins the damper. That's why you have to use an allen key to stop it spinning.

You could leave it soaking it WD40 all night! They can be a right pain!

182, 6r GTi
mine was a bit tight just filled the top mount up with releasing agent and left it for a few hours so the whole bolts soaking in it