ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bolt size for shocker to hub

Seems like it's every weekend I'm in this part of the forum LOL. I'm swapping my springs for some nice eibach sportlines. However these pesky hub to shocker bolts are all stripping as i remove them from the shocker.

I've seen this thread
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/suspension-bolt-size-and-torque-settings.490559/

which tells me they are:
bolts x 2 Part no. 7700822984 £0.54 + vat ( 14 x 150-65 size )
nuts x 2 Part no. 7703034152 £0.92 + vat ) 14 x 150 size )

However I've rang renault who say these part numbers are wrong.

Now I'm no good at reading bolt sizes but the ones I've taken off are 14mm in diameter which i presume is m14 and the length is 60mm half threaded so I'm a little bit confused by what the size is above?

Sorted. Now renault wanted £5 a bolt and couldn't get them for at least 2 days. A local fastening place sorted me out 4 for £5 with nylon locking nut.

For any one that is interested any m14 hex bolt with 60mm length (only half of this is thread.) will do

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425761676.714592.jpg

I am sure they will do just fine. The only difference with the originals is they have a splined section at the end which helps them not spin when you tighten them up. Providing you have two 21mm sockets/spanners you're laughing. :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Have you got 8x flat washers for the hex head bolts and nylocs?

For anybody else that wants to know part numbers for genuine Renault shock bolts and nylocs:

*The front shock bolts part number is: 77 03 002 835 - £5.75 each
*The front shock bolt nylocs part number is: 77 03 034 265 - £1.99 each

I am sure they will do just fine. The only difference with the originals is they have a splined section at the end which helps them not spin when you tighten them up. Providing you have two 21mm sockets/spanners you're laughing. :)

Yep got some m14 washers as well. Your correct no splined bit and to be honest makes absolutely no difference once they've been in a while I'm certain they will seize up like the old ones had leaving me with five broken 21mm sockets. Plenty of heat was the only way to get those little buggers out!

Have you got 8x flat washers for the hex head bolts and nylocs?

For anybody else that wants to know part numbers for genuine Renault shock bolts and nylocs:

*The front shock bolts part number is: 77 03 002 835 - £5.75 each
*The front shock bolt nylocs part number is: 77 03 034 265 - £1.99 each

Cheers for the part no. I found renault useless and unwilling to tell me what it was