ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Qashcow
Is that the zr9 which you speak of? Have emailed maxxis uk about road legality and when we may see it in the shops

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
couldn't find out much on the maxxis mate,
they have very good reviews in america and are meant to be pretty good. and as you say they are a decent price, not sure on availability either... pretty much useless aren't i....lol

have a look at this link also, these are meant to be pretty good - max sport rb5-f3
http://www.maxsport-competition-tyres.co.uk/

rb5-f3.jpg

Evo 5 RS
dark horse of the tyre world apparently ^ The sapphire cosworth boys run these all the time

edit: Was on call Saturday so didn't get to see your beast :( the day will come x

Last edited:
  Qashcow
Had a look but cant get those Maxsport's in the right size :( closest is 195/55/15, which probably wouldnt make a lot of difference with the bigger profile but might look gay

I did wonder where you were, although to be fair we were parked right out the back somewhere, almost near wales i think lol. i will no doubt be at the next action day/trackday/cs saturday thing/FCS/show thing anyways :)

Qashcow
Demon tweeks have the Toyo R1R in stock for all 4 in the right size but am not keen on paying their prices, £288 for 4.

im sure camskill would be cheaper but they dont have them :/ which is a pointless comment for me to write, but I have, and dont want to press backspace

Evo 5 RS
LOL ^ I need to replace mine for when it's back on feet but unsure of what to get too. Think I'll probably stick with PE2s all round to be fair.. then maybe something more fancy when I'm feeling cocky

Qashcow
Oh my, I feel lethargic. 10pm finish last night and up at 4.45am for work today. I need a holiday, any takers?

Some HUGE progress this week, I removed my idle control valve and went to the machine shop.

Idle-control-valve-high-spec-supersport-mega-power-uber-lightweight-high-tensile-soft-aluminium-botched-and-not-square-powwwahh-bspecmotorsport deletion plate x 1

d91f5c3e.gif

And above item fitted to bom-mobile

4d76c738.gif

Can I go to bed now? Xx

Qashcow
Doth not need it and im sure that under boost it's giving in now, causing some other issues. If t hadn't fixed it, at least it's one less thing to worry about.

Aye that's it's real name, one off production ya know :D

Oh look, my grass penis

e71d0974.gif

Qashcow
well, i managed to get some sleep over the weekend despite working all 4 days so am back to normal now. i see photobucket didnt appreciate the grass willy, losers!

Isnt Matt Faulkes a clever bunny, he said my fooked idle may be due to the idle control valve being blown open 'cuz of too much duurty boostz yo'. well, it wasnt blown open as such, more blown out of the whole casing lol. The rubber inlet pipe on the ICV was plumbed into the underside of the ally inlet tube, much like the normal breather setup. When i removed the end closest to the ally tube/main inlet pipe-work (18 inches from the ICV) i could see the rubber gasket from the ICV forced up the wrong end. i assume that the boost going though an uncontolled idle control valve from the manifold end had pushed the gasket back out towards the inlet.

so, took it for a blast over to Adeys to see how his gearbox repair was going... not so well it seemed. i have this to look forward too

224830_10150170758691500_517591499_7451750_1435612_n.gif

anyway, mine was 90% better but still idling a bit arse, and at about 2500rpm when i rolled onto adey's drive.

got home early today and stripped down the throttle body completely, much easier than i thought it would have been. i had intended on just buying a brand new one but not at £300+!!!!

lotttttts of cleaning and wet & drying later i had a much cleaner looking and smoother feeling TB. all put back together and put back on the car. Will try it out tomorrow evening if the weather holds up :)

cd0c6443.gif

Qashcow
will be getting 2 more Proxes4's for now then once ive saved for some other things and Toyo are making them again will get some R1R's

anyway, mine was 90% better but still idling a bit arse, and at about 2500rpm when i rolled onto adey's drive.

got home early today and stripped down the throttle body completely, much easier than i thought it would have been. i had intended on just buying a brand new one but not at £300+!!!!

lotttttts of cleaning and wet & drying later i had a much cleaner looking and smoother feeling TB. all put back together and put back on the car. Will try it out tomorrow evening if the weather holds up :)

Id been having the same problems with mine, revs sticking on at 2k & tapping the pedal to knock the revs off wasnt working anymore :( i tried a few 2nd hand TPS's but no joy so stripped the TB down & cleaned everything like you have put plenty of white grease on everything put the original TPS back on & no more sticking revs :D & the idle is perfect job done

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
will be getting 2 more Proxes4's for now then once ive saved for some other things and Toyo are making them again will get some R1R's

Just bought a set of R1R's. Will let u know what they're like when theyre on the cup. Good work on the TB mate, f**king love the new man room in your house! :hail:

Qashcow
Keep me updated Quade, it won't be too long till I need them. How's yours going?

My TB is off a megane, Ade. I don't know how many parts are different but hopefully it should be fixed now. Degreaser and new White grease ftw :)

Qashcow
I've had a good think about it, I reckon we should go glamping in eastern France, maybe near the alps?

Oh hang on a minute... :D

Qashcow
Just to clarify recent speculation, I am not a venga boy!

Been cleaning out the garage, memories :-(

74785e7f.gif

Anyways, cars not been running perfectly recently, seems fine on WOT or any throttle for that matter, but at a static throttle position, say 3k rpm it seemed to be lumpy. May have been a few things, lambda and cat being my main concern.

With 274bhp the sports cat wasn't going to last long. Off to Hi-Q in town, it's only a piece of steel so what could go wrong?

Well, despite it being booked in for two weeks, no parts in stock to do it. Luckily I was working away that week so could drop the car off on the way in to work and leave it a few days.

88ffe6b6.gif

c05cdaee.gif

Ktec sports cat cut in half with new flange welded to it so it can be fitted and refitted easily for MOT.

44655430.gif

4c9b5a8a.gif

Then did a trackday at Bedford, did 30 or so pretty rapid laps, I fell in love with it again. Handled alright with the £500 suspension and flew up the straights rather rapidly. Took Sam from TDF out for a few laps, blasting down the main straight and boom, couldn't see anything behind me through the smoke. Guessed at a blown engine but it was still ticking over, gave it some throttle on the way to the pits and all seemed fine but went in anyway.

Under boost, it had started pushing oil out of the breather plate on top of the rocker. I'd never filled the 1mm hole so it was pressurising it. Onto the trailer and home, in a very good mood after how it had performed.

Dumped the car on the drive last week and opened the bonnet last night, started removing bits to have a look. Im fairly sure it's just pissing out of the breather plate so will fill the hole and re-seal it and have a look if it fixes it. The smoke was merely where it lands on the hot exhaust manifold

2066080d.gif

199199dc.gif

But yesterday I bought a new road race bike, so time and money is now going on a John O'grotes to Lands End bike ride, bad times. Could have forged the engine for the same money!!

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
So not all bad then Dave! There will be nothing left of you if you do that bike ride! lol. ;)

Qashcow
I was expecting to see rods etc really, so was pleased it lasted that long.

I'll be honest Neil, I don't think masking tape will fix this one lol