ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Bra's... what the hell is the deal with them??

Clio Sport xxx
i think they look gastly!! but some people on here put them on coz they think they look cool - not because of the functional use they're meant to be for!! :S i would only ever consider one on a brand new car... and not because they look good

I dont understand why people like to have them on their car???

Clio Sport xxx
but WHY?!?!? IMO all they do is seriously upset the look of a car, which is usually one of the main factors you consider when buying a car. You dont go looking for a car and see one and think, 'oooo... that'll look hot in black sweaty bonnet bra!'... do you???

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
but WHY?!?!? IMO all they do is seriously upset the look of a car, which is usually one of the main factors you consider when buying a car. You dont go looking for a car and see one and think, 'oooo... that'll look hot in black sweaty bonnet bra!'... do you???

not sure. but all i can say is i ONCE thought smoked rear clusters were cool!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
mk1 golfs yes... clios no and the argument they protect from chips is rubbish as majority of stone chips are on the bumper

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
^^^ yeah i agree!

there was a thread on here a few weeks back with pic of a Euro style VW Polo. That looked smart with it's bra on tbh.

but imo its not for clio's

Martyn G

Shed.
only car to pull it off is a proper euro one

aye then it looks good. even though i think they should be left alone.

the functional use for them isnt very good either.

Should have bumper protectors or somehting. then id go crazy and run phesants over all the time lol.

BG 182
Some cars it looks Ok on.. For instance like some people have said above, those that have the ''Euro'' look.. All down to personal preference really, every car is unique to that person's taste..

only like dutty's car, only car it suits imo (black clios). . .haz haz :p one aswel. . .dnt like it. . .but o well different strokes for different folks:)

Clio Sport xxx
and then there's the problem when you come to sell the car for someone who's had one of these fugly bras on... if the buyer has some sense of style they will take it off and throw it away, but only to notice a bra shaped patch of fresh, unfaded paintwork... not too good ey, must be particularly bad for black or red cars

*waits for another Look @ my '182/172 with turinis' thread to be posted up. how boring it is.. oh well.. moves on

MINI Cooper S
I think they look awful. And surely the majority of stone chips appear on the front bumper not on the bonnet? So theyre ugly and pointless!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
20060710-f1.jpg