ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Catch recall

53 1.2 dynamique
Hey guys, just bought the missus her long awaited Clio, and amongst the paperwork was a letter about the bonnet catch needing looked at, Called a dealer and he couldnt check if it had been looked at as it was bank holiday?! anyway, what will they do? replace it or just grease it or something? ive had a look and it looks quite rusted, can i ask/demand that it be replaced for peace of mind? any thoughts would be great.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
no worries mate, if they try to just spray it with wd40, kick up a fuss. pretty sure they have to replace them

53 1.2 dynamique
yeah been looking into it, some right horror stories. is it a design fault or a maintenance issue?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
not sure to be honest mate, i presume they were just cheaply made and didnt last long. yeah there are some real bad stories, worth getting it sorted for peace of mind

BMW E82 M Sport
thats what i was worried about, they might just tell me its all good. but its pretty well corroded. any more info on why it might fail?

At the end of the day if they don't replace it and say its fine, if it did happen to go then you would have a very good case against them as they checked it.

I see your from north wales mate, were abouts?

53 1.2 dynamique
ahhh, yeah but i prob would be left with a bent clio and a dead missus. the missus i could probably handle......:eek:
Im from near Kinross but been livin in Ruthin for about 4 years now, ill keep an eye out for ya next time im about mold. cant be that many RBs around here.