ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet not sitting properly

Vantage
quite a while back someone reversed into the front of me.. leaving me to replace my bonnet and since then its not been sitting properly... "theres a quite a wide gap between the headlight and bonnet"

today i took a look at the front panel and it seems fine

ive also tried adjusting the bonnet.. but still i have no luck with getting it to sit properly..

could someone tell me what else i could check?

If you've tried taking the bolts out the bonnet and moving it about then re-bolting, and it's still not sitting properly, then something is bent somewhere. Probably either the brackets or the slam panel.

Vantage
someone said to me .. for £150 they would sort it . but when i asked.. they wouldn't tell me what the problem was :|

dont want to play around too much myself so i might just get it done or ask other garages

thanks for the help though mate

Punto/Clio GTT
got pics?

try screwing the rubber bungs all the way in.

is it flush to the wings both sides at the front and at the back?

Vantage
the bungs are fine

would do you mean ^^ ??

pix

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02955.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

BMW M135i
If its just the slam panel then its bolt in, finding one in the right colour will be a little more fun though. Would be a couple of hundred to source a new one and spray i'd have thought.

clio sport 15dci
its the headlight panel not the front slam panel it needs pulling forward so the h light lines up with the bonnet edge