ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet not staying down

Hi guys,

Another problem on the 172! A few months ago I had to get a new bonnet cable fitted as my bonnet wouldnt open.

Now I opened the bonnet today to clean my air filter and then tried to put it down and it didnt "clunk" as if its locked. Lifted it and came up. :S

So what can I do about this any easy fixes?

Cheers guys appreciate all the help :star:

Golf GTD Mk7
If you drop it from about a foot will it catch? Sounds like your mechanism is knackered. Try greasing the spring/latch area. Do you know if yours was recalled?

If you drop it from about a foot will it catch? Sounds like your mechanism is knackered. Try greasing the spring/latch area. Do you know if yours was recalled?

Not catching at all. How easy or hard is it to replace?

It's already had it's Bonnet catch done.

Clio 172 Phase 1
I had this happen to me, when you look in the hole where the bonnet closes into is it just a hole? as it should be a half moon shape, there should be a little latch type thing that covers half of it for it to lock, let me know mate

I had this happen to me, when you look in the hole where the bonnet closes into is it just a hole? as it should be a half moon shape, there should be a little latch type thing that covers half of it for it to lock, let me know mate

Im working till late so probably wont get to look till tomorrow but if it there isnt a half moon thing there do I need another latch? Or can I wiggle it back somehow?
?

Right checked the catch. There is no half moon bit there. So I need s new latch then?

Are they hard to fit?

FIXED IT! Just played around with the latch until it popped back. greased and now its working. :approve: