ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet release mechanism

Hi,
I have a bit of a problem. My cable for bonnet snapped and now i cannot open the damn bonnet. Does anyone knows how to open it from outside? But without breaking parts of bumpers etc.

Cheers

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
But bumper is attached underneath the bonnet. Is there any other way?

It’s only a couple of plastic clips holding it under the bonnet.

If the cable has snapped then no not really, if it’s just jammed you can try moving the bonnet while someone else pulls on the leaver.

It’s only a couple of plastic clips holding it under the bonnet.

If the cable has snapped then no not really, if it’s just jammed you can try moving the bonnet while someone else pulls on the leaver.
But pin with spring goes through part of bumper and to mechanism. How to remove it without breaking some of bumper and grill?
Thanks

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
But pin with spring goes through part of bumper and to mechanism. How to remove it without breaking some of bumper and grill?
Thanks

It only goes through the grill, unclip it from the bumper and you should have enough wiggle room to get at the mechanism.

Thanks for everything. We did it, exactly like that. First separated grill from rest of the bumper than removed bumper itself. Flat head screwdriver and unlock the bonnet.
Cheers