ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet release

Clio 182
Alight guys, used the search function and found numerous threads butno definitive solution,

Basically as of yesterday my bonnet won't "pop" open, but i can get it open when someone pulls the lever and i push and pull on it. Once open i the catch still opens and closes fully, so thinking its. Something to do with the spring on underside of bonnet panel?

Any ideas of solutions? Could it be something as simple as the spring not compressing enough?

Thanks in advance,

Ps, already foned renault and they said there was noting on the system with my reg, so presuming the previous owner has had it in fir the recall before

E46 320D Tourer!
Had the same when I got mine in August. Just wd-40 the hell out of everything relating to the bonnet release and it'll work fine again. Did mine the day I got it home and has been working fine ever since.

Audi A3
Take it to Renault and get the catch sorted if it hasn't been.

They all got recalled because of it and it's a free fix