ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boosting wifi signal at home

M135i
Now I have a phone with Internet I want to start using wifi in my house or in my room, trouble is that the signal from the modem doesn't even reach out side the room it's in so instead of using my own free wifi I'm endin up using my date storage.

I was just wondering if there was any way to boost the signL or whether I would need a new half decent modem ?

182FF with cup packs
Are there lots of other wireless signals in your area? Your AP could be using the same channel as someone elses and interfering.

We have two wireless boosters. One is plugged into the wireless router, the second is just plugged into the mains at the other end of the house.

Boosts the signal very well - no issues.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Silver foil behind the router pointing in the direction of you desired coverage area.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Gadget show demostrated that using tinfoil to 'cup' the antenna and make it directional did provide some gains in signal strength.

Worth a punt ?

Failing that you need a repeater/second wap

EDIT: damn you Tom !