ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot Cold Cathode

FAO of people who have installed these running from the boot light.

how do i fit it, rg: what wires do i connect to which, as theres about 3 wires going to the standard boot light.

cheers

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

right if u find the wires u need the pos and neg that is on the boot light, the 3rd wire if there is 1 will be for the alarm most probably.

cut the pos and neg and attach them to the poss and neg of the cathode then it shud work,

the wire for the alarm will probably be for the current sensing circuit. when the boot opens and the light comes on, then the current rises and sets the alarm off. i think :confused:

i fitted a cold cathode under my false floor, using the boot light. I connected the wires to the terminals where the light clips in. I will look and tell you which one is positive.

What i did was attach a computer fan to it, they cant usually run both ways so if you link the power to it the wrong way it wont turn, enabling you to tell which is positive