ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot lid

RS172 PH1
Would the boot lid from a 2002 Clio 5 Door Hatch 1.4L be able to be swapped on to a 172 ?
The boot lid on my 172 got stoved in a while back and it's been annoying the heck out of me, local wreckers has a 1.4 Clio in at the moment, visually the boot lid size looks ok to me, but wondering if anyone else has done a similar transplant ?
Thanks.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't 'think' there's any difference in the boot lids - even through to the V6 model. The only difference I'm aware of is that the 182 Trophy and V6 models use shorter struts as they have larger spoilers on top and the aerial stem would hit it, otherwise.

Don't take my word as gospel though! :tongueout:

renault clio 1.4 16v
not exactly sure, just measure the hinge spacing's on both and make sure they are the same... with a hammer and some welding anything can be made to fit :wink:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The body shell difference is in the side panels, everything else is the same.