ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot Lock Wont Open - Help?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my boot lock as decided not to work so i cant get into the boot.

but lost what to do really?

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
is there a way to open it from the inside? like forcing something into the latch i dunno :S

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Go in through the back seats? Has it froze or just not working? Tried squirting some WD40 in there? Could free it up :)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
it worked fine at the weekend

i tried to listen see if it was clicking when unlocking but i was strugging to tell. so not sure if its frozen or just not working

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
just had a look for you, there is a torque bolt in the back there that holds the latch in place. perhaps if you can undo that you can get the boot lid open.....

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
many thanks will take a look tomorrow as ive got the day off and will report back

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
many thanks will take a look tomorrow as ive got the day off and will report back

yer i would check it out, sounds like you need a new mechanism for it tho. i could be wrong. if you take that torq bolt out and get the lid up, you shud be able to get into it all and figure it out, might be lucky u never know

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
thats what i would do yer. you might have to remove the black plastic surround to get the metal bit out it hooks on to as well by the looks of it. (y)

BG 182 FF
I had this problem in my old non sport, although mine wouldn't lock, it was a solenoid that was bust, i got one off of ebay and replaced it, it was a little tricky but easy enough fix really, I will look out for the eBay link?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
many thanks for that, if i can get it open ill take a look tomorrow make sure it that

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Undo the screw holding the plastic on then just pull and it'll pop off,
then you should be able to see the metal rod the mechanism pushes and pulls to lock the boot,
just give that a yank and the boot will open.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
question, if i stick a volt meter on the two wires going to the lock should i got a reading of 12v? Cos im not

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so i ended up getting a new locking unit from renault as they had one in stock for £50, the only one on ebay was second hand and who knows what use that has had?

now everything on the old one worked perfect but a tiny bit of plastic had broken stopping the cog from spinning.
all the unit is, is a motor that turns a cog

13030077_zps69dfa9ea.jpg

13030080_zps8e1e82a4.jpg

so all i paid £50 for was for a tiny bit of plastic as everything on the original one worked perfect.
im tempted to try machine the bit of plastic that broken out of ally so it does not happen again and ive got a backup lock.

also when i took the black plastic back off the inside of the boot lid this fell out, no idea what its for. any got any ideas?

13030081_zps987788e1.jpg