ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boring I Know But I’ve Picked My 182 Up

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Apoligies as youre all probably bored with yet another, ive picked my new 182 up thread!

Anyways, finally after waiting a long time for it i got my hands on the beast.

1st impressions, the photos ive seen on here do not do it justice, it looks stunning in real life better than id thought :)

Got a confession to make though... ive not drove the thing yet :eek: due to an insurance b@lls up grrrrr

The G/F has had to drive it for now and she absolutly loves it, said she wont hand it back!

Already had loads of attention from chavs/chavettes:mad: and also some nice finger pointing aswell!

Got all the stuff which is mentioned in the 182 checklist, i even got 3 cans of tyre foam and a extra leather wallet thingy:D

One thing i did notice was on the motorway the cabin noise was quite loud but i guess thats the norm.

Got a few questions though now. What forms do i need to send off from wallet pack (if any)

Do i need to send the, Change of Registered Owner form off? and if so do i have to send them a £20 registration fee (it does say only applicable to 2nd hand vehicles but mines a pre-reg 182...same thing or not? :confused:

One last point (promise!) is, when i picked my car up from the brokers garage the woman said if i take it to a Reno dealer i cant say i bought it from them! i must sat its on contract to avoid problems!! im not 100% sure why tho.

Cheers for everyones help already, especially that checklist came in very handy indeed:D

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Enjoy it (when you get to drive it!)

That "contract" issue sounds very dodgy, not sure what thats all about.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Yeah, i thought that aswell CocoPops but she was really being helpful and even took it upon herself to cross of the things on my checklist!

Apparantly they are not supposed to sell them but i can say whatever i like once 6 months have elapsed she said, strange.

dk

911 GTS Cab

yeah, this is this pre-registered story that keeps coming up, what are the rules, what to do, it all seems a bit grey with the rules associated with pre-registered cars through brokers!

Glad you like the car though and I cant think of anything more frustrating than picking it up and not being able to drive it!!!

There was a post reltaing to this contract thing on before, concerning an ex Renault salesman (best in country apparently) that sued Renault UK for unfair dismissal after being transferred to the Fleet sales department.

If I remember correctly he worked for Renault Birmingham and they were selling cars to car supermarkets / brokers under the terms of the renault fleet sales (where the car is discounted by up to 30%), this is all highly illegal of course, these cars were then sold on with delivery mileage only to the public. Under the fleet sales agreement the cars are supposed to be kept for 6 months before re-sale.

The only people that can get into trouble over this is the original Renault garage that supplied the car and the fleet / hire middle company (which may be a fake).

:sleep:

Oh and change your car description <<<<<<

As Tom said get some miles on it, it gets better and better.

Lee

BMW M2C

I remember that blackcat, it was a well documented case, it was a few years ago though I think.

I got mine from there, but it wasnt a pre reg.

Enjoy the new motor.:D

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Cheers guys, sorting the insurance out now so ill be enjoying it later:D

blackcat, that sounds about right that, same circumstances as me.

Pete_172, done:D

Leo,

Im pleased the checklist was useful - at least you got all the bits! 3 cans eh - Im going to complain (at lest I got the wallet thought).

enjoy the car mate.