ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bosch aero twin wipers

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Is it the AR530S or the A530S wipers that I need? (or are they the same thing)?

I bought the AR530S from ebay (as they were advertised as compatible with mk2 clios) but I had trouble trying to fit them today and just gave up in the end.

Are they the right ones and is there a trick to fitting them?

Clio 172Cup and Vw Bora
Im in parts bud and the AR530s should fit fine on the above car
These clips arnt straight forward to fit but do go on with time

in my bosch book they list A530s as the set to use but i have loads of AR530s on the shelf and these are whats on mine

TBH i dont know why there is these two listed as they seem to be the same parts? both a two pack 21" set BUT are different prices to us the A530s are infact £4 cheaper to buy in ???????

A = used to equal standard aeroblades as on vws etc
AR = stands for AerobladeRetros which suit standard wiper arms

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Managed to get them on. It was a bit fiddly and that clip that goes over the hook didn't help. Anyway, it looks better now :p

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Bought some Bosch Aerotwins from the UK through ebay. Were advertised as AR530S but when I got them were AR534S. Guy advised me that they were the same. Is that true? To mount on my 172, found that the aerofoil was upside down (towards the bottom of he screen)- as in Oz the wipers are set up as LH drive even though the car is RH drive. What set up do you guys have? He said that he doesn't sell for LH drive setups. Have seen youtubes videos for replacing wiper rubbers and it looks like you should be able to disassemble the wipers and change their hand - opinions??

I'm pretty sure that the wipers remain the same way round if the car is LHD or RHD.
The aerofoil (fin) should be at the bottom, put as yours is LHD it'll be on the wrong wiper (it'll be on your passenger side) if it can be taken off, put it on the other one.

Generally RH drive wipers sweep from left to right (pivoted on the right, in front of the driver) whereas LHD sweep right to left (pivoted in the middle of the car for the drivers side). Steering wheel on right but wipers left as per LHD cars. Swapping around wipers makes no difference. Definitely a difference between LH & LH setup.

Clio 172 RS2
IMG_0572.gif

IMG_0571.gif

Old Skool Valeo's on top... ;)

Thanks Ralphizzle. But being a fiddler, decided to pull the wipers apart. After taking off the end caps, I pulled off the aerofoil ruber extrusions and turned them 180 deg. Only problem is that he centre arm mount has a slot for the aerofoil only on one side, so I just trimmed the edge. Perfect! (Well almost)

Clio 172 RS2
i don't know why there is these two listed as they seem to be the same parts? both a two pack 21" set BUT are different prices to us the A530s are infact £4 cheaper to buy in ???????

These clips aren't straight forward to fit but do go on with time

Could be but the Renault Clio uses unequal length wipers not a set of equal 21" lengths.
(driveside: 530 / passenger side: 430mm)

The quick clip work a treat, a simple 10 sec. job to mount them!

A531S ftw.

http://tiny.cc/Xbnrg

Ralphizzle
Thats very interesting as my car has equal length Valeo wipers - 21". The 21" AR534S fitted OK - does the RH wiper have an eccentric sweep as they do here?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Could be but the Renault Clio uses unequal length wipers not a set of equal 21" lengths.
(driveside: 530 / passenger side: 430mm)

The quick clip work a treat, a simple 10 sec. job to mount them!

A531S ftw.

http://tiny.cc/Xbnrg

well not quite! the UK cars have equal 21" wipers, and a different wiper mechanism , whereas the other european cars have different size wipers like you said (530/450)

Clio 182 Trophy
AR models from the two sets I have had are for wipers that sweep in the opposite way perhaps R stands for right????
Looks as if people need a531s or a530s.

I thought the AR bit meant they were retro fit aero blades, which are the ones designed to fit hooked wiper arms which is what all phase 2 clios have iirc, not sure more modern Clios.

If they only have A before the number they're just aero fit, which will only the more modern flat wiper arms?