ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bottom end knocking maybe???

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Noticed a strange noise the other day on the cup, was sitting on idle and i could here like a chapping! its not constent its every 2-3 seconds:S not loud either and you cant hear in when its driving.

The only thing is i cant work out where its really coming from? Its coming from down the drivers side where the belts are or when i listen from underneath is sounds like its coming from the sump area?

Was maybe thinking of starting with a oil change?

Lots of Alfas
The carbon canister is down there behind the foglight. Sometimes the solonoid jams and causes knocking sounds. Might be worth checking that.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
The carbon canister is down there behind the foglight. Sometimes the solonoid jams and causes knocking sounds. Might be worth checking that.

yeah maybe mate, its a long shot but worth a try, iirc its on the drivers side and thats wear the noise is coming from! will whip of the bumper and start the car:)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Accessory belt tensioners can make strange noises when they wear too. Check the tension of the belt

lift number 1 @ btm
i get something similar from the tensioner too, did it before and after i hed a new bottom end, and changed the belts and tensioners, like a ticking noise that kind of fades in and out?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
i get something similar from the tensioner too, did it before and after i hed a new bottom end, and changed the belts and tensioners, like a ticking noise that kind of fades in and out?

yeah fades in and out like every 3 seconds ish? but it doesnt sound like the tick that comes from the injectors etc

Deja vu 182
I ve got the same noise a very quiet knocking at idle comes and goes , you can only hear it in the car with the windows closed and bonnet down . If you rev the car goes away briefly . Definately not a bottom end knock , but sounds like pulley aux belt area . Nearly due aux belt and tensioners (3years 20k) hopefully will go then ?