ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought a Phase 2 Clio 172 today!

172 Ph2
Hi, I picked up my first Renault Clio Sport 172 today (in silver). I've always wanted one and I nearly bought one a few years back but I got tempted by Subarus instead.

Anyway, I'm over the moon with the car and I'm very impressed with how it drives.

I need to give the car a good clean shortly then I'll post some pics up in the relevant section.

cheers

Richard

172 Ph2
Congrats..Good pick

got any plans for it?

Hi thanks for your reply,

I'll probably keep it mostly standard unlike all my previous cars, which I've upgraded engines, brakes, suspension etc.

I'm not ruling out a Pipercross Viper Air filter at some point though and maybe some uprated brakes.

On the whole, I'd just like to make sure the car is serviced regularly, has good tyres and is run on Super unleaded so I can be sure it will be running to its optimum level.

172 Ph2
Hi thanks for all your replies! I've only got a few things to sort out like upgrading the tyres as at the moment it has ditchfinders on it. Also, it has Lexus style rear lights which I'm not a fan of and I'd rather put it back to standard.

I'm booking it in for a service in a couple of weeks too to treat the car.

in response to Horrocks, it is wise to use super unleaded on a car designed to run on it as the 'Knock' rating will be lower than if your using standard unleaded. Most modern cars have ECU's which automatically detect the Octane rating and in most cases will just adjust the timing slightly to run on the lower octane fuel. This will also mean that the car won't be getting the same power, cleaning addictives etc that the Super unleaded fuels provide.
It isn't just a myth that Super Unleaded is better, on a previous car of mine (tuned Impreza Turbo) I had a knock sensor which proved that standard unleaded could be potentially dangerous to run on the car seen as it was remapped.
N.B Sorry to go off topic! ;)