ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought myself a Crossfire

ph quick
I once played with one rolling start, turbo lag in my old volvo and got blown away, tried again on the turbo and just only just managed to stay with it. Wouldnt even try it in the clio as its no where near as quick once rolling

you would have been better off with the merc its based on imho but even thats shite compared to the later version of the clk

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Last month i took a trip over to Donnington and picked up the Crossfire so i thought i'd shoot up a pic to show you guys.

Had a little blast with a 182 on the way up to Stoke to get the boat back to Ireland which was interesting ;)

PICT0410Medium.jpg

PICT0415Medium.jpg

The back end of it looks like a dog with his back arched doing a poo

Went out last night to test 0-60 after mods got 4.7 secs with some wheel spin. If I could cut the wheel spin I recon 4.5 would be posible (but a perfect launch would be rare) Under 5 sec's is achievable almost everytime though.

Also, the best 0-100 I have got so far is 10.75 (not on public road). I look forward to trying the 0-100 again in the spring when I can get to a private track / drag strip.

I don't know how to post pics on here, but I would have put some pics of the srt-6 up if I could

some pics: Since these were taken I have fitted rear diffuser each side of the exhaust.

Also, I have ordered the SL55 Air intake for the supercharger which is far less restrictive and will yield approx 15BHP more. I am already running at approx 360 BHP, so really looking fwd to this next mod.

cross6.jpg

cross5.jpg

cross4.jpg

cross3.jpg

cross2.jpg

cross1.jpg

monaco blue 172 ..
lol at this thread "ill post a pic to convince myself it is a nice car "
only kidding mate lol

Ph 1 172
why why why bloody american cars are worse than these french pieces of crap we all drive at least ours go round corners lol

T

thecremeegg

Whilst i have no doubts that they are capable cars, i can just what im sure a lot of other people are thinking.....they are F******G ugly!

why why why bloody american cars are worse than these french pieces of crap we all drive at least ours go round corners lol

Hmmm......the SRT6 is built in Germany in the same factory as the Mercedes SLK. It uses 65% Mercedes/AMG parts and is not "quite" the same as a Standard Crossfire. I agree the body styling is American, but they even use German Steel for the body shell so is good quality too. All switchgear is straight out of the SLK as is the chassis etc. Engine and Gearbox is straight out of the SL32 / CL32 (AMG).

Each to there own and everyone is entitled to there own opinion but what I do know is it is a real "head turner" and people are always stopping to ask about it. Even more so, by far, than when I had a Clio Cup, Subaru Imprzza or other similar cars. I like it and that's what counts to me.

I had a 1.6 16v clio and recently bought the normal 3.2 crossfire. Relatively cheap to buy, to me it looks great and speed and handling is fine. My mates have hot hatches, civics, 172s, gtis and speed wise i doubt i'd have much of an edge unless up really high and handling wise they would prob have the edge.
I didn't buy it for that i bought it for its looks and comfort

Clarkson summed it up when it came out, it looks like a dog having a poo.

But he never tested the SRT-6 !

Also he is "ever-so-slightly" biased as to what he likes. I believe in people having there own opinions based on facts rather than following others like sheep like they worship them and hang on every word they say......

I like it. Dave was telling me a couple of weeks back about your car and how rapid it was when you were binning it up the Eastern Rd. Watch it now, the speed limits have changed on the Eastern Rd. from 70mph to 40mph from the Anchroage park turning to the Havant Rd. and 50mph from the Anchorage Park turning, south to Baffins Rd.

I like it. Dave was telling me a couple of weeks back about your car and how rapid it was when you were binning it up the Eastern Rd. Watch it now, the speed limits have changed on the Eastern Rd. from 70mph to 40mph from the Anchroage park turning to the Havant Rd. and 50mph from the Anchorage Park turning, south to Baffins Rd.

Cheers, I will watch out for those.