ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought this mk2 Dci - looking for fellow Dci'ers help and advice

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon all,

As the title of the thread suggest... I have just picked this Dci up today.

I wanted something that would be brilliant on fuel as im travelling 50+ miles a day. I wasnt too bothered how it looked, as long as it works.

This one does just that...kind of. And this is why im looking for advice from any of you in the know about the Dci model.

There is a noticeable issue, which is a droning sound which i believe to be a front wheel bearing or something to do woth the disc or pad. When breaking i can feel a judder through the pedal. Does anyone know if this sounds like it could be the bearing, or would you suggest it would be more brake related?

Im also looking for advice on how to service. I service the 1.2 mk2 we have myself so assume i will be fine doing this.? Is there anything i need to be doing differently when changing the oil and oil filter on this to a normal 1.2?
And who can tell me how much oil this model requires?

Im also welcome to rcomn dations on what oil and grade to use. I dont mind spending premium for oil as i want to make sure it is in as good shape as it can be. The service history with it stops at 2013 on 65 and its now on 89k. The oil on the dipstick is BLACK and the oil filter looks really old so im. Ot sure if it has been serviced recently.

What else would you suggest changing on a self service? Air filter i will be doong but is there anything else that should be done with the dci model?

It is currently showing as getting 63mpg which i believe is a good figure?

Thanks in advance. Anyone who can be bothered to read the above and comment i really appreciate it!
IMG_3929.JPG

Austin

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
63mpg sounds about right for those! Looks like the 65hp model so should probably be able to get that figure up a bit still with some careful driving on long runs.

For a first service, I'd be doing the lot. Oil and filter change, along with changing the fuel, air and pollen filters too. They're not expensive cars to service so you're as well doing the full lot for peace of mind. Following that my service intervals were always 8-10k for an oil change and do the fuel and air filters every second one. IIRC they take about 4.5L of oil on a change. I always got away with a bit left in a 5L bottle on oil changes anyway.

Also, don't get overly worried about the oil looking black. It's pretty normal on a diesel. You could do an oil change, run the car for 10 minutes and check the oil and it would be black again lol!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
63mpg sounds about right for those! Looks like the 65hp model so should probably be able to get that figure up a bit still with some careful driving on long runs.

For a first service, I'd be doing the lot. Oil and filter change, along with changing the fuel, air and pollen filters too. They're not expensive cars to service so you're as well doing the full lot for peace of mind. Following that my service intervals were always 8-10k for an oil change and do the fuel and air filters every second one. IIRC they take about 4.5L of oil on a change. I always got away with a bit left in a 5L bottle on oil changes anyway.

Also, don't get overly worried about the oil looking black. It's pretty normal on a diesel. You could do an oil change, run the car for 10 minutes and check the oil and it would be black again lol!

Thank you for taking the time to reply mate, appreciate it!

Do you possibly know what size sump plug washer i need? I have a basket of all the above items and there are 12 different size washers coming up so i dont know which i need.

Also, i now realise they have fuel filters, like you mentioned above. Will any copy part do? ECP have 3 different brands. Will it matter if i get the cheapest one?

Also, for oil i have put some shel helix ultra 5 40 in the basket as its only £21 with the 30% off code. Does that sound fine to you to use?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thank you for taking the time to reply mate, appreciate it!

Do you possibly know what size sump plug washer i need? I have a basket of all the above items and there are 12 different size washers coming up so i dont know which i need.

Also, i now realise they have fuel filters, like you mentioned above. Will any copy part do? ECP have 3 different brands. Will it matter if i get the cheapest one?

Also, for oil i have put some shel helix ultra 5 40 in the basket as its only £21 with the 30% off code. Does that sound fine to you to use?
Not sure about the sump plug washer size. I either got one with a genuine filter or didn't bother changing it a couple of times. Never leaked though...

Fuel filter was one part I always got a genuine item for. Most of the known problems on these dci engines are to do with fuel system issues so I just never wanted to take the risk using a pattern part. Not sure how pricey the genuine ones are nowadays though.

That sounds fine for oil mate yeah.