ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bouncers Done and Dusted QD 12.99 with free post

Clio with a body kit
Washed mine and the girlfriends car today. Finishing of with this again. It really is a pleasure to use.

Looking....
Ive been using and just bought another bottle of Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer and love the stuff, is Done and Dusted a better option?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I put a few coats on mine, looks great in the Valeting bay. Will see what it looks like tomo as I've left it in work

Reactions: JD

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Used this today and wasnt very impressed. A week ago I spent 2 days detailing my car, polishing out all swirls then used blackhole followed by Petes 53 wax. Its rained the last few days so today I decided to wash it. After washing it I used D&D whilst drying the car. It left horrible smears - I have a Blackgold car and it left brownish smears all over it. So after drying it I thought I would use D&D with a plush microfiber cloth, same again smear after smear no matter how much i tried to buff it out.

Its not from using dirty towels or anything as the towels are all brand new and washed once in water as in the instructions. Im going to have to go out and rewax the car now. Smells nice though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I like it but prefer the art de shine nano sealent tbh. If anyone wants to try some let me know

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
waxed the car again and the smears are gone. I tried Meguiars ultimate quick detailer after and that doesnt leave smears. I think its DD that must react to the Petes 53 wax or something.

Used this today and wasnt very impressed. A week ago I spent 2 days detailing my car, polishing out all swirls then used blackhole followed by Petes 53 wax. Its rained the last few days so today I decided to wash it. After washing it I used D&D whilst drying the car. It left horrible smears - I have a Blackgold car and it left brownish smears all over it. So after drying it I thought I would use D&D with a plush microfiber cloth, same again smear after smear no matter how much i tried to buff it out.

Its not from using dirty towels or anything as the towels are all brand new and washed once in water as in the instructions. Im going to have to go out and rewax the car now. Smells nice though.
That sounds like over application - bizarre to see that colour appear. Did you get any photos?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Used mine for the first time this evening. Applied easily and looked great on everything - paint, glass and plastics. Atomiser spray head is excellent and really helps minimise over application.

Probably also my favourite smelling product to date!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Still not tried D&D yet. Love the gloss and application of V7. Add a little BSD and it offers great protection with the same melt into the paint application

Still finding myself reach for CG speed wipe or megs ultimate QD after maintenance washes

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Speed wipe is so awesome though. If it wasn't for the fact I know it probably costs about 5p a litre to buy at source I'd buy more of it!

V7 I though was awesome. Even just used as a QD.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I have so much Finale left (Stupid idiot bought 5 litres :( ) but think I'll buy a bottle of this to test.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I still like AF Finale but only have a little left. It's one of those general all round decent QD's. I wouldn't say it excels at any one part, but it doesn't do anything wrong to dislike it. I'm currently working through 5 litres of CG synthetic QD as a drying aid and quick mist wipe down. claims to have anti static properties but yet to see a difference in dust build up.

I'd imagine most generic QD's cost very little to product

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The chap I was sharing a garage with at oulron had his own detailing company, forget the name now. But he rates the megs stuff