ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Box Fresh Mk1 Focus RS

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296280 Detailed by Gordon at Defined Details a lovely guy.

P1290374.jpg

P1290799.jpg

P1290810.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It has been driven. Nearly 5k miles. Also if you read the write up this guy will be driving it.

If you had a weekend car how many miles would it do?

Seems a waste to me, nice car, but hardly a classic Ferrari.
I'd enjoy driving something like this too much to clean it all the time and only do 5k miles.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've always kept my cars clean and polished and I can see the car looks nice but I don't understand why people pay someone a lot of money to do it. If you want an immaculate car do it yourself or don't do it at all.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
If he put that up for sale today, how much more would he get compared to one that has been used properly and has the normal mileage for these?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If he put that up for sale today, how much more would he get compared to one that has been used properly and has the normal mileage for these?

Not as much as he'd probably think i wouldn't say Rich!

I'm not into 'garage queen's' i'll admit, i just appreciate what look like concourse conditioned examples when they do pop up!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I hope the photo of the speedo was done pre detail! Look at the dirt!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I honestly have no idea why anyone would buy one and do anything other than kick it's head in day in, day out.

I see what you're saying, but if I had the spare cash on somewhere to keep it, I'd be doing exactly the same as this guy. For all we know he has a new shape frs as a daily and this is his pride and joy.
It must be a lovely feeling knowing you have the best model of a certain marque in all of the land!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've always kept my cars clean and polished and I can see the car looks nice but I don't understand why people pay someone a lot of money to do it. If you want an immaculate car do it yourself or don't do it at all.

Add up products and time involved you'd be nearly 3 times the price of that detail. Add in the skill factor and bare in mind Gordon is one of the best in the business it's far from silly.

I have a little bit of knowledge and even i'd pay someone to do my cars.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
20 years of these expensive details plus servicing and tax plus insurance equals no profit.

Who cares though?? It's a hobby for most car enthusiasts.

My dad spends £2k a year on golf club membership, god knows how much ££ on green fees and changes golf equipment yearly at a cost of over £2000!

It's horses for courses.

StormGrey 200 RS CUP
This car will hardly de value and will commend 15-16k maybe more in few years, if its totally minty minty and standard. Price of this will go up and not down.