ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braided brake hoses, worth it?

Black 182 FF
Going to do a brake refresh as they seem a bit tired at the moment. Fluid was done just over two years ago, but I stupidly only used some Carlube stuff due to a tight budget at the time, so I've just ordered some ATE Super blue. Going to also fit new bleed nipples.

The front pads and discs were new this time last year and have only covered about 4000 miles, rear pads earlier this year and rear discs are just over two years old, so those can stay for now. However I'm also considering some braided lines, trouble is the only car I've had them on before was a mk2 16v Golf, which had pretty average brakes anyway and they were on when I bought it, so is it a worthwhile mod and nothing special to look out for when doing them, any brands to avoid?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hel brake lines are good as the ends/fittings are stainless steel.

Other brands are just plated so they rust.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I think the lines made the pedal feel less spongy than standard hoses although it wasn't a huge difference. Worth the £50-60 they cost though especially if your doing the fluid too. As for preference, most use Goodridge or HEL hoses just make sure you go for Stainless Steel ones.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Mine has Goodridge braided lines and DOT5.1 fluid. Also using Ferodo DS2500 pads all round with Brembo HC front discs. I use the car for fast road and trackdays and the brakes are spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Imo theres not a lot being braided lines and good quality standard ones. Unless you need something really tough when doing lets say a gravel rally and might get stone or debris from the road damage. Good fluid, pads and discs are all you need