ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

braided brake hoses

if im doing the group N discs and pads is it really worth changing the lines for braided steel ones? they seem expensive for what they are (£40) maybe if i just use OE ones the will be as good.

I will be using maxtorgue discs, mintex pads, and 4.1 fluid, Does this sound like the best steup?

Trophy

Lofty,

The braided hoses dont work out much dearer than the OE ones if you are intending on changing them!

And they wont split in a hurry.

Mat.

BMW 320d Sport

Well Ive always been pleased with mine, they feel a lot better when youre really cooking the brakes. And if youre going to all the trouble of overhauling the system anyway, why not do the braided lines? At least youll never have to replace them again.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

If you can get the old ones off. Virtually rounded my union nuts offf so will need to replace all the brake pipe to get my new hoses on.

The whole idea of fitting braided hoses is to increase the hydraulic pressure to the brake cylinders. Braided hoses have an inner made from nylon pipe this has very little expansion with pressure so therefore the braking effect can all go to the wheel calipers. Std hose is made from rubber so does expand a little when you apply the brakes lessening the effect to the wheel calipers. As Matty says tho you may need some solid pipes as well if the unions have seized in. They will be worth fitting even if you do have to replace a few extra parts.

I did braided lines recently and rounded unions are IMHO an absolute certainty. Vice grips at the ready

Alex M