ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braided brake lines from front offside master cylinder to wheel arch union..

Clio 172
Anybody fitted these to a 172 mk2 & have any info of where to buy the braided lines/tips on fitting, i'd love to hear from you :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Goodridge 600 reusable in dash 03 w/stainless fittings if its a road car? Out of curiosity why would you want to swap out just that small section of solid line?

Clio 172
cheers for that, cars gettin prepped for track stuff but have had heaps to do. was changing brake hoses on wknd & the union joint is pretty mashed, threads & nut not good now. think pipes ok but not much room for error with its length old flares cut off and redone, looks a nightmare to do on car too. So instead of getting pipes made up from MC to wheel arch, I was hoping it'd be easier to route braided lines from MC to the wheel arch union joint?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Fair play, if you're just wanting to swap out a damaged union could you not just rig up a copper replacement?

Clio 172
Its the male thread on the union thats mashed so am i right in thinking i'd still have to cut the old flare off (at wheel arch joint) to get new union nut on for a copper replacement? Or would this involve cutting the line & adding a joint to re-connect it all after slipping new union joint onto the line? Do braided lines use an olive & union joint to connect to Master Cylinder & caliper brake hose?