ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Adjusment Help

Clio 172 Cup (stage 1)
Can anyone help me please, i have just fitted a new set of back brake pads on a 03 plate 172 cup. The problem is the handbrake is nearly hitting the roof, is there any adjustment on the handbrake?. When i was fitting new pads i had to turn the piston to get it to retract to get space for the new pads to fit, if i didnt turn them back i could not get the new pads in but there seems to be to much play now,,, i would be gratefull for any help guys and dolls,,,,,

clio 172 cup
Alternately, get under the car and adjust your handbrake, but as above, if it was ok before, the pads will probably just need re seating by pressing the foot brake.

Daz

RenaultSport clio 18
pump the foot brake till hard then apply the hbrake on off, do this after renewing pads and should be ok, if you done hbrake first you may have to push pistons back and pump foot brake firdt than hbrake good luck.....