ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake bleed nipple

Octavia vRS tfsi
Went to bleed my brakes lastnight and one of the nipples is completely seized. I didn't want to force it too much lastnight for fear of braking it off and not having a replacement handy.

A quick call to Renault Ireland this morning and I am none the wiser. Useless as ever. :rolleyes:

Can anyone provide me with a part number for the bleed nipples, or do they come in a kit etc?

Ian

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
if you snap it you are going to have to drill it out? are you aware of that?

and they are made of soft metal so getting them out is a real pain! best bet if it snaps is to have a replacement caliper handy, then you can take your time with the other one and maybe sell it on once fixed?

Octavia vRS tfsi
So, nipples are not a replaceable item?

I need a new caliper if it is completely seized?

Lionel Richie
they're replacable yeah, but if you snap the fucker/can't get it out then you're buggered, get yer WD40 out

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
as fred says they are replaceable, but if you snap it there will be half of it left in the caliper, getting that half out is a real b**ch!

i drilled one out once and i will never do it again, for all the time and effort i spent on it, it would of been waaaay easier to get another caliper, which is what i do now when i get a seized one :D

clio 172 cup
Plenty of WD40 and keep at it every night for a week or so.
Try it again then once its soaked through the muck and into the threads.

Darren