ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake caliper advice needed

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Went to change my rear brake pads yesterday and discovered the pistin was sticking. Managed to get it turning(clockwise) to screw it back into cylinder, but after a couple of turns the piston popped out so that it was hard up against the disc. Do i need a new caliper? Any ideas on how much they cost?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mr2 Roadster

I got some recons for the Unski this week. They were smart and a third of the price Fiat wanted. PM me if you wan the company name so you can find a supplier in your area.

Audi S3 225

how did u sort it, my front right one sticks i think, my disk is always well hard to tuen by hand and the pads are always touching.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by mcerem on 19 April 2004

Went to change my rear brake pads yesterday and discovered the pistin was sticking. Managed to get it turning(clockwise) to screw it back into cylinder, but after a couple of turns the piston popped out so that it was hard up against the disc. Do i need a new caliper? Any ideas on how much they cost?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

about £65 for an exchange unit from a motor factors.