ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Caliper Paint

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Looking for some decent orange brake caliper paint. Not sure where to look for it though, wonder what people can reccommend?

Thanks alot :)

I was going to say get some hammerite smooth - but I doubt they do it in orange.

Orange will look awful tbh.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
was some debate on here the other day about using brake calliper paint,
cnt vouch for that, bt i used hammerite, n never looked back
n im sure u can mix yellow and red,
will be hit or miss with the shade of orange tho lol

ClioSport 172
I was thinking of doing mine orange but decided not to!

But anyway when I was looking you can get it from motorworld, cant remember the make but they do orange. And you can get it for about £15 on ebay

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
this hammerite seems to be getting some good reviews.

seems u guys arnt all up for the orange though lol, what you think about yellow, then having the "1.2" on side written in yellow, and then maybe a decal or centre cap with yellow renault badge or sumfin? how does that sound??

or maybe the calipers in silver and the 1.2 stay silver aswell, with some nice decals, something like this http://www.eu-decals.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=332

Last edited:
  133, 182, Kangoo 182
I bought some Hammerite smooth earlier... Very few colours available, especially in the bigger tins.

Upon seeing this thread and remembering I have a small tin of black hammerite (silk) I have just painted my calipers. Done in about an hour, from initial light bulb moment to everything put away again.

Looks much better!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Upon seeing this thread and remembering I have a small tin of black hammerite (silk) I have just painted my calipers. Done in about an hour, from initial light bulb moment to everything put away again.

Looks much better!

Pic time. ;)

I was going to say get some hammerite smooth - but I doubt they do it in orange.

Orange will look awful tbh.

They do red and yellow, bit of mixing and bobs your uncle

Was just reading my tin and saw something about mixing..

Donotmix.png

Im supposed to be doing coursework and the car itself is filthy, so no pic time!

The paint says dont mix, but it also says ideal temp 8-25 deg so a bit more rule braking aint gonna hurt!

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
this hammerite seems to be getting some good reviews.

seems u guys arnt all up for the orange though lol, what you think about yellow, then having the "1.2" on side written in yellow, and then maybe a decal or centre cap with yellow renault badge or sumfin? how does that sound??

or maybe the calipers in silver and the 1.2 stay silver aswell, with some nice decals, something like this http://www.eu-decals.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=332
just finished mine about 1/2 hour ago painted them in yellow hammerite smooth £9.99 for a 600ml can done 3 coats on all calipers and not even used a 1/4 of the can yet, done the drivers side 2 days ago really do look better once dried for a couple of days

extreme 04
im also looking for orange paint,
hard to find tbh
theres some for focus st,
should do the job tbh, doesnt need to be a direct match as you cant see them that well...
but any other suggestions would be helpful as thats like £20

Blues not bad actually, although they look a bit odd having ebc greenstuff pads poking out the back (I guess you can't see it straight on though ?)

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Blues not bad actually, although they look a bit odd having ebc greenstuff pads poking out the back (I guess you can't see it straight on though ?)

yeah i was thinking that lol

think i might go with the silver,

thanks alot everyone for all the advice and comments, much appreciated

SQ5
The green actually looks quite smart as they are both really bright in person! Although the fronts have had green stuff for around 5000 miles and are caked in dust so soon it will dull off I'd imagine!

I also only think it works as the lip is blue on the wheels!

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
i went with the black hammerite smooth

shud be on in next few days, and pics to follow shortly

GOING STEALTH

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i had to paint some iron gates with hammerite but the gold colour was too bright so i mixed it up with a splash of silver and it worked fine! just make sure you make up enough first other wise it is hard to get the same colour again.

i redone my brakes today with hammerite. top marks as always!

Shdhdhd
how many coats do you need? and with the paint do you need to prime or cover it in anything else after you have painted it like lacquer?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
no priming needed really although you could if you wanted to.. just get atleast 3 coats on if you are doing them for the first time and make sure the surface is clean.

how many coats do you need? and with the paint do you need to prime or cover it in anything else after you have painted it like lacquer?
Give them a good clean up, then give them two or three coats of paint, it's worth leaving them to dry over night too, before putting the wheels back on & driving the car.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Do a search on ebay for proper caliper paint and you will be able to get your orange
IMAG0017-1.jpg

not a good shot as the sun went in but looks good when clean especially behind black alloys

BG 182 FF
black or yellow imo, hammerite is good for the money but for my experience you will need to tidy it up every 18 months but is cheaper than caliper paint which is about 30 quid iirc