ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake caliper painting...

182 Cup
After opinions on the best colour to paint up the calipers on my racing blue 182?

Im seriously considering this racing yellow colour I hear so much about..

BMW M135i
Yellow usually looks good on racing blue, i've done mine silver and they look great against the black. Nice little cheap touch imo.

182 Cup
The calipers arent incredibly prominent behind the 182 wheels anyway so im not worried about them being highlighted. Yellow it is!

Golf R soon...
What about artic blue guys, behind trophy wheels?

I was thinking red, like brembo

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
heres mine
calipers020fp6rv2.jpg

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
folia tec two part caliper paint yellow from halfrauds, have used this kit on many a car. its bullet proof, good prep is essential

182 Cup
Just been out doing the first coating...looks like it will need redone as the edges are bloody anooying. Will do one more coat tomorrow and that should do it..

Bloody freezing doing that outside!

Just been out doing the first coating...looks like it will need redone as the edges are bloody anooying. Will do one more coat tomorrow and that should do it..

Bloody freezing doing that outside!

lol........ get some pics done 2mrw .

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Do you guys cheat and paint the calipers whilst still on, or take them off?

VRS
this yellow caliper thing with racing blue seems to be catching on doesnt it ;)

i think i will need a new colour for summer :)

Broken Diesel Megane :(
how does everyone keep them clean? i did mine yellow last summer, and about 2 days later they were black!!! any suggestions to clean them?

VRS
how does everyone keep them clean? i did mine yellow last summer, and about 2 days later they were black!!! any suggestions to clean them?

when i wash the car i give them a spray with some ag engine and machine cleaner then run over them with a wheel brush and most of the crap comes off

VRS
u dont even need to bother wasting 20-25 quid on the folia tec, just buy hammerite smooth for a fiver a tin :) u wont even need half a tin to do 3 coats on all four calipers :)

ham smooth mmm what colours do they do maker..can you get it from any place buddy what prep work would be involved buddy

182 Cup
Any motor factors will stock hammerite...give it a good old clean with a wire brush and blast the dust off with solvent cleaner or the like.

It says on the paint I got that it cant be recoated for 8 weeks..why is this? They badly need another coat to tidy up the edges..

VRS
ham smooth mmm what colours do they do maker..can you get it from any place buddy what prep work would be involved buddy

u can get it from any halfords or diy place ie b&q, focus etc etc

they do allsorts of colours, i used yellow but they do pretty much anything

andy

Black 172 MK2
hmmm i cant decide to either do black on my black 172 or be differnt and do pink ??

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
thinkin bout paintin my calipers on my black Clio.....but stuck on wat colour....i was thinkin yellow!!!

Yellow on Black mite luk neat but not sure...

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Hammerite will do the trick wont it just rub the rust of and just brush on?

mmmmm silver on iceburg dont know which is best colour to go for or should i do them red...mmmmm with the machine cleaner damage the finish on alloy wheels if any over spray guys so i can keep them clean...wheres the best place to get ham smooth finish from and how long does it take to dry so i can put wheels back on cheers sorry for all questions...

VRS
mmmmm silver on iceburg dont know which is best colour to go for or should i do them red...mmmmm with the machine cleaner damage the finish on alloy wheels if any over spray guys so i can keep them clean...wheres the best place to get ham smooth finish from and how long does it take to dry so i can put wheels back on cheers sorry for all questions...

you can get hammerite smooth from halfords or diy places like focus,b&q etc

costs about a fiver for a big tin, once the calipers are prepped paint and wait for 1hour for the paint to go tacky then reapply :) i did 4 coats with mine

i left the car overnight after the last coat for the paint to fully go off :D

andy