ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake cooling, ph1

Octavia vRS tfsi
I read a post on here during the week of a member that had removed the lights from the fog surrounds and using two caf trumpets, made cooling ducts for the front brakes.

Unfortunately, both his post and my reply to him were deleted. Has anyone any pictures of the inner arch with this done? Just wondering how the duct is held in place on the wheel side ...

Ian

Lots of Alfas
I can remember that, think its just a case of cutting a big hole in the arch liner in the right spot for the air duct to pass air over the inside of the wheel. carbon canister may have to be removed on drivers side, theres not much in the way on the other.

The 172mk1 cup racers had these fitted too.

Octavia vRS tfsi
MarkCup has it done but in a Ph2 so slightly different set up I presume.

Must have another thrawl through Burps thread, it's bloody long though.

172 Race Car
MarkCup has it done but in a Ph2 so slightly different set up I presume.

Must have another thrawl through Burps thread, it's bloody long though.
Mark hasnt done it, he has just taken the lights out, Bomber and adeyspec have this mod aswell now.

Burpspeed™ mods are very popular. An induction kit replica is in progress too

Octavia vRS tfsi
Burp, why mount them as you have done there, offset and with a little deflector plate for the air to the brakes and not just run the feed straight from the trumpet to the arch?

Does that deflector plate you've made actually do much deflection? I've the full arch on each side and I'm considering just cutting a hole the size of the feed and mounting the feed in the arch lining itself. It wouldn't provide much cooling in a straight line but with the wheels at any sort of turn should give some cooling.

Wondering as to the merits of what I'm considering over the set up that you have employed above. :coffee:

172 Race Car
yea it does deflect the air quite abit (as u can see from my thread it was tested with some high tech Remmington test equipment)

I get what you are trying to say but think about how slow you will be going around a corner, with enough lock on to actually get the air feed pointing at the brakes. plus on the opposite side it will be pointing at the tyre then.

I used the deflector method coz i gets air to the brakes at most gentle steering angles and of course in a straght line, Also this is what the cup racer/yozza kit has for the phase 2's

Octavia vRS tfsi
yea it does deflect the air quite abit (as u can see from my thread it was tested with some high tech Remmington test equipment)

I get what you are trying to say but think about how slow you will be going around a corner, with enough lock on to actually get the air feed pointing at the brakes. plus on the opposite side it will be pointing at the tyre then.

I used the deflector method coz i gets air to the brakes at most gentle steering angles and of course in a straght line, Also this is what the cup racer/yozza kit has for the phase 2's

Kool & The Gang.;)

Octavia vRS tfsi
Nothing, no bother, cheers for the info! :cheers:

I'd actually not considered the other side 'air flow hitting the tyre' with my own suggestion!:slap:

Oh and

41FHARAWF2L.jpg