ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Disc removal tool

Hi all,

Having an issue with the rear brake discs not coming off, They slide off a couple of millimetres but don't budge beyond that. I was hoping this would be straight forward but looks like it may need some extra force. Could someone please recommend a rotor removal tool?

If not a tool could someone recommend a trade trick? I was thinking of removing the caliper and using the bolts to push the disc from behind by winding them in.

Please let me know your thoughts.

I also found a washer like component behind the nylon hub nut...is this normal? The flat side was facing the car and tapered side towards the nut, I though these were meant to be behind the discs?

Thanks.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Caliper off , BIG hammer , that'll sort it. The spacer washer should be between the hub and brake disc itself , flat face towards the car.

Reactions: Gus

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
It'll just be tight on the stub axle.

A few taps with a hammer should sort it, failing that a puller tool will do it.

I've Tried a hammer, a Thor Hammer and it won't budge! Can anyone share a link to a tool? Not too sure what I'm looking for...

Well for a start it sounds like some daft c**t put the spacer washer in the wrong way round so your bearing will be shagged anyway

Get a big hammer and dont be a fanny about it😂

I'm a puny little man, there is no way I can swing a huge sledgehammer accurately without punching a hole through both ends of my car :D In fact I'd probably end up in my neighbours garden if I tried it.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a puny little man, there is no way I can swing a huge sledgehammer accurately without punching a hole through both ends of my car :D In fact I'd probably end up in my neighbours garden if I tried it.
Just put the hubnut back on a couple of threads, grab either side of the disc and start furiously pulling it towards you and pray the hub nut doesn't come off otherwise you'll have a nice breastplate😂

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Just keep hitting it and turning the disc, it’ll break free eventually.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Put the wheel back on and use that as leverage to pull on. Put the hub nut back on a few turns too incase it suddenly releases.

Reactions: Gus

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Clearly you're not hitting it hard enough.

If you'd hit it that hard already the bearing would have just given in.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
the spacer washer should go behind the disc/before the discs are fitted - not after . It won't be the first time I've heard of that happening either

if those are damaged and/or don't look like this, let me know and i'll put 2 x to one side for you to collect from the unit @ClioPowa

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
the spacer washer should go behind the disc/before the discs are fitted - not after . It won't be the first time I've heard of that happening either

if those are damaged and/or don't look like this, let me know and i'll put 2 x to one side for you to collect from the unit @ClioPowa

Mental the amount of stories you hear of the spacers being completely missing or in the wrong place. Takes 2 minutes to google where they go if you dont know! Crazy crazy